Jump to content

Lattimore done gone and got himself arrested!


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Arrested in Cleveland on suspicion of receiving stolen property... way to go, bet that extension is coming fast. 🙄

Hell, might have actually saved us some money. Just a little.

”Receiving stolen property” is one of those charges that is really really easy to throw at someone to get them to give you more info about someone else. It’s actually a fairly difficult crime to prove if you have a halfway decent lawyer. Will wait for more details on what property he had in his possession and why. But they haven’t charged him with anything yet, he’s only been arrested.

Would not be the least bit surprised if this blows over by Monday. Worst case scenario, I still don’t think this is major.

Edited by Dome
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dome said:

Hell, might have actually saved us some money. Just a little.

”Receiving stolen property” is one of those charges that is really really easy to throw at someone to get them to give you more info about someone else. It’s actually a fairly difficult crime to prove if you have a halfway decent lawyer. Will wait for more details on what property he had in his possession and why. But they haven’t charged him with anything yet, he’s only been arrested.

Would not be the least bit surprised if this blows over by Monday. Worst case scenario, I still don’t think this is major.

Word is he hasn't been officially charged... the investigation being held by Cleveland gang unit, just hope there's no connection with Lattimore moving forward and that it was a singular incident... or is it a case of running with your old boys???

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Here we go... wouldn't be shocked to see him moved.

I don’t think it’s that serious. But I could be wrong.
 

If I had to wager, I’d say after a short investigation the charges (currently charged with a felony) will be dropped. This just doesn’t seem like the type of charge that sticks often, not even considering that the alleged perpetrator is an NFL star. 
 

 

We will see. 

Edited by Dome
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I’d like to know the details, but at the very least he was being a dumbass.

This.... Now your the Saints, do you give 15-16 mil per year to a player whos talented but inconsistent and allows himself to be caught up in things like this? Or do you consider moving him on draft night for assets after this blows over?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

This.... Now your the Saints, do you give 15-16 mil per year to a player whos talented but inconsistent and allows himself to be caught up in things like this? Or do you consider moving him on draft night for assets after this blows over?

Having a solid corner is very valuable, but he is inconsistent and maybe has some gang banger in him, so it wouldn't necessarily hurt my feelings if we moved on.

Like I said though, details matter here, so maybe it isn't as bad as it potentially could be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So... charged with 4th degree possession of stolen property. 5k bond, lawyer says its a misunderstanding.

Not trying to be a homer here but this is sounding pretty minor, yes its still an issue that need to be addressed between the Saints and Lattimore but legally seems pretty mute.

 

Am I wrong?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

So... charged with 4th degree possession of stolen property. 5k bond, lawyer says its a misunderstanding.

Not trying to be a homer here but this is sounding pretty minor, yes its still an issue that need to be addressed between the Saints and Lattimore but legally seems pretty mute.

 

Am I wrong?

 

Nah you're correct. Saints and Lattimore will have a chat but overall it's a non-issue.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

Nah you're correct. Saints and Lattimore will have a chat but overall it's a non-issue.

In and of itself, it's minor, but I'm more concerned about why he has a stolen handgun to begin with.  Apparently the other people in the car also had weapons, but Marshon's was stolen.  This tells me that this wasn't just a stolen gun in the car that maybe possibly wasn't his, it was a stolen weapon actually in his possession.  The optics of that are pretty bad.    

I don't know what the misunderstanding is, unless he honestly didn't know it was stolen.  

I mean, I can think of several reasons you'd want a stolen handgun, and all of them are shady as ****.

 

Edited by Jlowe22
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

In and of itself, it's minor, but I'm more concerned about why he has a stolen handgun to begin with.  Apparently the other people in the car also had weapons, but Marshon's was stolen.  This tells me that this wasn't just a stolen gun in the car that maybe possibly wasn't his, it was a stolen weapon actually in his possession.  The optics of that are pretty bad.    

I don't know what the misunderstanding is, unless he honestly didn't know it was stolen.  

I mean, I can think of several reasons you'd want a stolen handgun, and all of them are shady as ****.

 

If it’s assumed Marshon was aware the gun was stolen, it’s bad no matter how you slice it. But as far as I’m aware we don’t have any confirmation on whether or not he was aware of that. 

I can see lots of reasons you’d want a handgun that aren’t shady. Especially if you were a millionaire. Hanging out with people who would loan/sell you a stolen handgun is not good. Not people you should be hanging out with. But simply possessing stolen property can often times be chalked up to ignorance/stupidity.


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dome said:

I can see lots of reasons you’d want a handgun that aren’t shady.

Well yes, but the stolen part is what makes it bad.  He would never admit to knowing it was stolen, but at the least, like you said, he shouldn't be hanging out with people that will sell him a stolen handgun.

And I'm still trying to figure out why a millionaire would be riding around at night, with a stolen handgun, in a car with no taillights.  It's like he was trying to get arrested.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Well yes, but the stolen part is what makes it bad.  He would never admit to knowing it was stolen, but at the least, like you said, he shouldn't be hanging out with people that will sell him a stolen handgun.

And I'm still trying to figure out why a millionaire would be riding around at night, with a stolen handgun, in a car with no taillights.  It's like he was trying to get arrested.

At the very least (from the Saints perspective) Lattimore is making some pretty bad decisions for a guy were considering giving 15+ million per year. Is this another Galette situation 🤔

 

At the very least I say it gives the Saints pause ⏸.  Lattimore may have cost himself his security with this mistake. Now the Saints can focus on Ram and Williams extensions and force Lattimore to prove himself both on and off the field for 2 years under his 5th year option and the franchise tag.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Raves locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...