“Speed! Greasy Fast Speed is what we need!” Mickey

turtle28

Going to be nice have some much speed on the field, it’s been a while since Washington had that offense, I guess back to the days when we had Djax, Garcon, Crowder & then Reed as our TE.

And when Gibby comes off for a rest, you put McKissic in there and he has speed too although not 4.3 speed.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, turtle28 said:

Going to be nice have some much speed on the field, it’s been a while since Washington had that offense, I guess back to the days when we had Djax, Garcon, Crowder & then Reed as our TE.

And when Gibby comes off for a rest, you put McKissic in there and he has speed too although not 4.3 speed.

We're gonna be scary good this year. Can't wait!

Not because we have speed on Offense, finally.

But because we have that same speed on Defense, too. 😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

We're gonna be scary good this year. Can't wait!

Not because we have speed on Offense, finally.

But because we have that same speed on Defense, too. 😁

I was gonna say were even bigger and faster on defense. I honestly don’t think there’s a defense as big and fast collectively. If we added a Jamin Davis we would have a defense I can’t even compare another unit throughout time with that type of speed.

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I was gonna say were even bigger and faster on defense. I honestly don’t think there’s a defense as big and fast collectively. If we added a Jamin Davis we would have a defense I can’t even compare another unit throughout time with that type of speed.

Doesn’t even have to be Jamin for me. There’s a group of LBs we could add that would make our LB corps better in this draft. Plus having Collins back in possibly a hybrid S/WLB role should help our D too.

And don’t forget we’re getting Ioannidis back! That’s like getting another 1st round draft pick!

Yippee! 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Doesn’t even have to be Jamin for me. There’s a group of LBs we could add that would make our LB corps good in this draft. Plus having Collins back in possibly a hybrid S/WLB role should help our D too.

And don’t forget we’re getting Ioannidis back! That’s like getting another 1st round draft pick!

Yippee! 

No I’m just head over heels in love with his instincts and he’s much more physical then Parsons. But I’m excited to get Matt back. We lost him so early it was before the DL even started to click. This team can really do some special things if we hit this draft out of the park these next few years. I hope Collins buys in. I think he can really add to the defense at WLB/ box saftey to work Curl over TE’s and at SS and you have something special there. We’re paying Collins to be a leader this is his time to be apart of something special ultimately I see him buying in

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

No I’m just head over heels in love with his instincts and he’s much more physical then Parsons. But I’m excited to get Matt back. We lost him so early it was before the DL even started to click. This team can really do some special things if we hit this draft out of the park these next few years. I hope Collins buys in. I think he can really add to the defense at WLB/ box saftey to work Curl over TE’s and at SS and you have something special there. We’re paying Collins to be a leader this is his time to be apart of something special ultimately I see him buying in

I have a bit of a pause for a guy like Jamin who was on no one’s radar as a 1st round pick until his pro day. This happens every year where there are guys that rise after the combine or their pro day & guys like Mike Mayock & Mel Kiper would gush over them and there’s a long list of them. Now they usually become good players or at least serviceable but they generally don’t live up to the hype.

Please don’t tell me he’s more physical than Parsons. You’re seriously losing me with the hype on Jamin.

So...

Calm Down Family Guy GIF

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I have a bit of a pause for a guy like Jamin who was on no one’s radar as a 1st round pick until his pro day. This happens every year where there are guys that rise after the combine or their pro day & guys like Mike Mayock & Mel Kiper would gush over them and there’s a long list of them. Now they usually become good players or at least serviceable but they generally don’t live up to the hype.

Please don’t tell me he’s more physical than Parsons. You’re seriously losing me with the hype on Jamin.

So...

Calm Down Family Guy GIF

Watch them at the point of attack. Jamin tackles SEC backs. I’ve seen parsons driven back by smaller backs. Parsons shed blocks getting after the QB better for sure but I’m worried about Parsons tackling bigger backs. Jamin is a beast and I didn’t even watch his pro day I know what he did on tape. He plays lightning fast. And he drops and reads QB’s like a saftey. But he’s physical bud gotta turn on Kentucky he and Kelvin both do really good things. Very well coached. That program is starting to get players because that staff is coaching them up to be good pros.

8 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Watch them at the point of attack. Jamin tackles SEC backs. I’ve seen parsons driven back by smaller backs. Parsons shed blocks getting after the QB better for sure but I’m worried about Parsons tackling bigger backs. Jamin is a beast and I didn’t even watch his pro day I know what he did on tape. He plays lightning fast. And he drops and reads QB’s like a saftey. But he’s physical bud gotta turn on Kentucky he and Kelvin both do really good things. Very well coached. That program is starting to get players because that staff is coaching them up to be good pros.

Maybe that’s because Parsons had to tackle backs like JK Dobbins & Jonathan Taylor.

How did Jamin fare vs Najee Harris & Clyde Edward’s-Hillare?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe that’s because Parsons had to tackle backs like JK Dobbins & Jonathan Taylor.

How did Jamin fare vs Najee Harris & Clyde Edward’s-Hillare?

I think we can agree the talent disparity overall from Penn St to Ohio ST and Wisconsin are much close then Kentucky to Bama and LSU. Not saying Parsons isn’t a better prospect. But I think if you put Jamin behind our front your talking about something very similar outside out sack totals. But the difference in sack totals will probably be the same in INT’s Jamin has to Parsons. I think it’s closer then most are giving credit for. I don’t think Micha isn’t special I think he’s amazing. I think Jamin and Cox are very good in their own right and would offer a ton of excitement on this roster for years to come if Parsons doesn’t fall which is likely.

Edited by ripsean21

8 hours ago, Woz said:

*Woz silently judges ripsean21 for badmouthing Parsons*
*Woz knows his heart will be broken in four days time, but Woz cannot help it*

I love Parsons. But I just can’t even believe he keeps getting mocked anywhere near us without off the field. That said I love him I’m just very high on Davis. I think there’s so many really good LB’s in the top 2 maybe even early 3rd round. Micah is special at getting after the QB at inside blitzes and on stunts. My only thing is I think others are better in coverage. It’s okay because Micah is a guy you want attacking. Others have different games I don’t think you can go wrong with about 7 guys. They all have great traits.

Saw one of the CBS Sports' pundits did a 3 round mock where they had us taking Jamin Davis in the first with Parsons on the board (he ended up falling to the Browns at 26, I believe).

Can't say I agreed with that decision.