With the 65th pick, the Jaguars select S Andre Cisco

pwny

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Baalke doesnt concern himself with medicals 

I mean, with Little and Cisco there's a pretty good argument to be made that had they been healthy neither are on the board where we took them.

As long as the medicals/doctors clear them and aren't worried about it affecting them in the future I like it tbh. It's not like a torn ACL is a career ender or anything.

Just now, .Buzz said:

I mean, with Little and Cisco there's a pretty good argument to be made that had they been healthy neither are on the board right now.

As long as the medicals/doctors clear them and aren't worried about it affecting them in the future I like it tbh. It's not like a torn ACL is a career ender or anything.

No doubt, nothing like it used to be. Just joking that of all the GMs to go back to back ACL tear picks its Baalke

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

No doubt, nothing like it used to be. Just joking that of all the GMs to go back to back ACL tear picks its Baalke

Oh for sure. It's kind of a funny storyline tbh.

It's one thing if he takes a guy with legit injury concerns that pertain to them being able to even play (I think back to Lattimore in SF when he had that gruesome injury at South Carolina), but neither one of Little or Cisco had injuries that should worry us. So I'm cool with it.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This is definitely going to be a thing.  Gonna have to play with some more control and discipline in the NFL, or there are teams with QBs/Receivers/RBs who are going to absolutely roast him for some bad ones.  He's a rambunctious, even reckless player.

But in today's NFL, you really need to generate turnovers and big plays.  I think it's often easier to rein in and develop a bit more patience and clean up some discipline when needed for an aggressive player that trusts their instincts like that and has that nose for the ball.  Rather than trying to spur more aggressiveness out of naturally tentative guys, or magically generate that kind of instinctive nose for the ball and turnover/big play generating feel and mentality to jump on it.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, with Little and Cisco there's a pretty good argument to be made that had they been healthy neither are on the board where we took them.

That true.  But at the same time, it's a double-edged sword.  You can't just automatically wave it all away.  Fundamentally...a lot of other teams had the chance to take him earlier than we did, if they also felt good about his medicals.  That's where the whole risk/reward of it comes in.

If you start to have too many instances of a little bit of injury risk going wrong...you can end up with a whole barrel of nothing in the end.  As opposed to maybe taking the less dynamic player with cleaner medicals, who may never have that same "upside", but can be more useful long-term in helping establish solid if unspectacular depth...compared to a guy who flames out if the medicals don't work out.

But with where our team is right now...i'm cool with it.  We've got lots of picks, and are still early in our building process...with some "serviceable depth" and more badly lacking "impact players".  We can afford to roll the dice a little bit.

• Like 2