Sign in to follow this  
valkrei

Replacing Bob Sutton

Who from the NFL that is available?

How about from College?

I'm not on that bandwagon yet. Give him this year to see if he can make adjustments after getting embarrassed the past two weeks. Getting back Hali and Nelson should help some as well.

I doubt we make a move already. If he'd sucked for years, maybe, but the past performances of the defense under him will grant him some leniency.

Watching him drop six and rush three when Carr was completing 80% says a lot. We can pressure the passer, but we have not been trying even when the run is not a reasonable option.

J

When we rushed 4, Carr was definitely uneasy. Logan was a stud. CJ and Bailey are always giving their max and then there's Houston. I'd like to have seen us try to use Ford too occasionally (rush5) but I don't recall that we did. Why not? We weren't going to get a coverage sack with our DB's so we had to try for pressure sacks. Why didn't we blitz occasionally too? I don't recall seeing this either except for Gaines once. The announcer seemed pleased with his effort. If we're going to use Gaines on the field, for heavens sake blitz him. He's not good in coverage.

If I can see all this, why can't Sutton? The guy has no imagination or is too afraid to use it. Andy Reid has to see/feel this. But he values loyalty and if Andy receives it, he'll give it too. That's a problem when circumstances demand change.

Edited by mayanfootball