177th overall pick - Cameron McGrone - LB Michigan

SBLIII

31 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He's not a blitzer. I think he's strict run D only. He's a pyscho that is good at finding gaps when OL attack.

I've seen him used as a blitzer a lot actually. And he is usually a free rusher. In oursuit he seems average for an NFL linebacker. Against the run, when not blitzing freely, he seems routinely overmatched or pushed back.

22 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Would rather have had JOK and Zaven Collins with the first two picks then a QB somewhere else in the draft instead of Baremore, Jones and this guy.

JOK would be directly competing with Dugger for playing time. Collins would be nice, but the drop off from him to Perkins is significantly smaller than the gap from Mac Jones to...Ehlinger.

Definitely disagree there, lol.

15 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I've seen him used as a blitzer a lot actually. And he is usually a free rusher. In oursuit he seems average for an NFL linebacker. Against the run, when not blitzing freely, he seems routinely overmatched or pushed back.

Apparently PFF gave him a high pass rush grade. So I'm wrong, yeah. He's also a blitzer

9 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

JOK would be directly competing with Dugger for playing time. Collins would be nice, but the drop off from him to Perkins is significantly smaller than the gap from Mac Jones to...Ehlinger.

Definitely disagree there, lol.

See I wouldn't think there would be competition for JOK if last year the Pats took Jalen Hurts instead of Dugger in the second round where the value made more sense. The dropoff from Jones to Hurts or vice versa isn't really there IMO. JOK is better than Dugger too.

Regardless, JOK would be at a linebacker spot and Dugger would be at a safety spot. Perhaps interchangeable the two are but that makes for a better defense either way.

As for Ehlinger, I think he improved a lot over his four years and has a bright future if Wentz falters due to injury or turnovers again in Indy. I like Ehlinger more than most do because his biggest flaw to me is the occasional hero ball pass that I think can be improved with good coaching. We have to see though, if he ever gets a chance and compare it to the rest of the QB's in this class.

If not Jones, then the Pats were connected to Davis Mills, Kellen Mond, and Kyle Trask on day 2. I don't think Jones is a much better prospect than those guys.

Edited by DoleINGout