Average Projection - 2021 Steelers' Draft Class

Ward4HOF

As I like to do... (Because it's fun, but has absolutely no worthwhile or inherent value, whatsoever...) ...using some Draftnik/Media Big Board lists, below is where these sites had these prospects going, along with an average 'projection', using the Big Board information from these sites.  Great Blue North Report (GBNR), Pro Football Network (PFN). The Athletic, and DraftTek--Here are the results: (NR = Not Ranked--will use #301 for averaging calculation.  By these numbers, selections in Rds 1, 2, and 6 were solid values...the rest?? Not so much, lol...well, except for our UDFA selection of Shakur Brown, haha...

• Round 1: No. 24 –  Najee Harris , RB, Alabama -- 26, 20, 22, 41  =  27.25
  • Round 2: No. 55 – Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State -- 54, 66, 47, 56  =   55.75
  • Round 3: No. 87 – Kendrick Green, G, Illinois --  117, 94, 104, 277  =  148
  • Round 4: No. 128 – Dan Moore Jr., OT, Texas A&M -- 177, 203, 196, 214  =  197.5
  • Round 4: No. 140 – Buddy Johnson, ILB, Texas A&M -- 188, 220, 252, 315  =  243.75
  • Round 5: No. 156 - Isaiahh Loudermilk, DT, Wisconsin -- 287, 355, NR, 217  =  290
  • Round 6: No. 216 – Quincy Roche, LB, Miami -- 120, 118, 95, 101  =  108.5
  • Round 7: No. 245 – Tre Norwood, CB, Oklahoma -- NR, 312, 280, 324  =  304.25
  • Round 7: No. 254 – Pressley Harvin III, P, Georgia Tech -- 255, 493, NR, 236  =  321.25
  • PFA:  - Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State -- 267, 117, 144, 136  =  166

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I need to know who put this insult out there.

HA!  Sorry, I missed that...I just grabbed these from NBC Sports, I think...I was just looking for a generic list, without commentary, that I could just cut and paste...sorry...

Oh, wait...you men where he was ranked?  thought you were talking about the fact that it didn't include Center, as a position...anyway, that was DraftTek's ranking...I wonder if they put the list out there just once, sometime in early January, and don't update it...not sure...

Edited by Ward4HOF
add info

18 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

HA!  Sorry, I missed that...I just grabbed these from NBC Sports, I think...I was just looking for a generic list, without commentary, that I could just cut and paste...sorry...

Oh, wait...you men where he was ranked?  thought you were talking about the fact that it didn't include Center, as a position...anyway, that was DraftTek's ranking...I wonder if they put the list out there just once, sometime in early January, and don't update it...not sure...

Yea I was wondering who wrote that ranking because take that one out and it matches value much better. 

Id love to retroactively see where sites had some guys ranked vs how they turned out. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I need to know who put this insult out there.

People looking at him for OG plus he only has 3 years of experience at oline play. 

Center is really a different animal, and you don't have big, huge guys there. I know people bring up Demontti Dawson all the time as an example of a shorter, smaller center and there is this misconception that centers are all 6'5" like Pouncey now. Really?

Rodney Hudson made the Pro Bowl 4 times in the past 5 years and he is 6'2" 315.

Jason Kelce has made 4 Pro Bowls and he is 6'3" 295.

Corey Linsley just went from Green Bay to the Chargers, he has been an under rated center and he was rewarded with a 5 year, $62 million contract to be Justin Herbert's center. Corey is 6'3" 300 pounds.

Those are three example right there of Centers that Kendrick Green compares to size and weight wise, and they are all successful.

Just for reference, Green is 6'2" (1/8th shy but I round up) 305 and he ran a 4.88 40 at his pro day and get this, had a 35.5 inch vertical and a 119 inch broad jump, that is Dermontti Dawson level athleticism right there. That explosion he has in his lower body is special.

I saw some write ups marveling over Humphrey's athleticism. He ran a 5.09, Green a 4.88.

Creed vertical jumped 33 inches, Green 35.5 inches.
Creed broad jumped 112 inches, Green 119 inches.

Time will tell who turns out to be the better player.

• Like 4

Here's PFFs, BTW

• Round 1: No. 24 –  Najee Harris , RB, Alabama -- 65 (lol...BTW, Etienne was 66, so this is complete, utter position bias)
  • Round 2: No. 55 – Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State -- 55
  • Round 3: No. 87 – Kendrick Green, G, Illinois --  68
  • Round 4: No. 128 – Dan Moore Jr., OT, Texas A&M -- 285
  • Round 4: No. 140 – Buddy Johnson, ILB, Texas A&M -- 222
  • Round 5: No. 156 - Isaiahh Loudermilk, DT, Wisconsin -- NR
  • Round 6: No. 216 – Quincy Roche, LB, Miami -- 168
  • Round 7: No. 245 – Tre Norwood, CB, Oklahoma -- 303
  • Round 7: No. 254 – Pressley Harvin III, P, Georgia Tech -- NR
  • PFA:  - Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State -- 156

18 hours ago, jebrick said:

I have seen Loudermilk at 370 and Roche at 87

Exactly. There was absolutely no reason to trade away our 4th Rd pick next year...then, reading this article, it kind of makes one 'chuckle' (in a masochistic way, of course...) To trade away next year's 4th, when Colbert even alluded that they were likely the only ones interested was a 'rookie mistake', not something one who's been at this for a couple of decades would have actually done...

The more I read about Loudermilk the less I like the pick.  If they are going to try to describe him as their "Aaron Smith" type then he needs to fit the mold.  Aaron Smith had arms long enough to scratch the back of his knee with out bending ( slight exaggeration) .  Loudermilk has short stubby arms for his size.  He will have a hell of a time trying to keep the OTs off of his body.

Loudermilk's arms are pretty short, but his wingspan is pretty good. He must have an extremely wide torso. His wingspan in in the 85 percentile. I know draftniks don't like him, but apparently the FO does. It is their team after all. I'm not sold on any of our depth DE guys. Buggs is bad, Mondeaux is really bad, and we'll see about Wormley. Plus Tuitt is always hurt and Heyward is getting older. I'm not trying to excuse the pick, but I'll give him some time. He could be a steal eventually. Granted, he could also not make the team. 

17 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think Colbert's predraft message about starting caliber Centers being available in the mid rounds hints at Green starting this year. Finney will probably get the nod, but Green might beat him out.