2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

25 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This CB class is deep.  I've been all over Gardner for months but it now appears the word is out that he is a stud.  He will be a top 15 selection and very well could go top 10.  A nice fall back option if Gardener is gone would be Andrew Booth.  

I'm pretty stingy about taking CB's in round 1. They have a much higher bust rate than WR's IMO. WR's translate better and better to the league every year. That being said I like sauce, but I wouldnt take a CB who isn't really good in the first just to take one.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm pretty stingy about taking CB's in round 1. They have a much higher bust rate than WR's IMO. WR's translate better and better to the league every year. That being said I like sauce, but I wouldnt take a CB who isn't really good in the first just to take one.

true, and Gus Bradley is great at finding Dbs in middle/late rounds... Hard to see us moving on from Bradley.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Booth, McCreary, Gardner, and McDuffie are all legit 1st round talents. 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

true, and Gus Bradley is great at finding Dbs in middle/late rounds... Hard to see us moving on from Bradley.

If we hire Harbaugh he's bringing Vic Fangio or his DC from Michigan. Gus Bradley's soft zone coverage almost lost us the game. 

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I completely agree.  I am not saying take these guys because they play CB, I am saying take them because they appear to be studs who play CB.

• Like 1

CB might be the most valuable position on D if you are using at least one lockdown CB but it is also possibly the 2nd hardest position in the game to play so there will be a lot of busts.

Stingley is a generational type talent and is an obvious top 5 pick kind of guy, there are definitely lots of other excellent looking ones but odds are about half (at least) bust...

From what I've seen McCreary looks excellent.