Washington projected to have $49.472 mil in cap space next year

turtle28

See the best thing about this is if we can stay patient and not just try to win it all this season we can address QB hopefully there’s the one we need in next years class and we can do a lot of things to keep as many pieces on the DL while moving other pieces to add even more draft capital to keep the core and replace key guys so said QB can have every opportunity in their rookie window but even more so then that stay competitive and have real shots for a title in that second window because we make smart calculated moves

and what I mean by that is if front load Jon Allen’s deal and I’d probably year to year Payne’s. So that way we get relief from Jon’s deal when Tez and Chase come up and by then it could be time to move Allen due to age. By then we should have other guys who can step in. But there’s ways to make this work especially if we don’t backload either of the Payne or Allen deals we could have another 2 seasons before we have to make a tough choice. And if Allen is the one we move his hit will be low for another team so we can recoup more as their getting a discounted cap hit as we have already eaten the financials through front loading the cap so we can maximize return.

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 2

I know Arron Rogers in our uniform looks cool on Twitter. But after all these years of building and hitting and hitting and hitting on picks we have a bright future. There’s not a player from our patience I’d come off of. If we contend and make the playoffs we’re going into next offseason with juice. Real juice. Not a 7-9 playoff flash this is our chance to really just let this QB come to us. Build a winner and then put a guy on a team that will carry a young guy past what he doesn’t know.

I know it’s hard to be patient and I know there’s all these but it’s Arron or Watson or whoever. But all these guys started somewhere and they all started on teams that built the right way and then made their move. I really just hope we stay true. I believe this team has many years to look forward too if we can just hold true one more year and I know this team will find their guy. We will finally have our guy. Not GB’s guy who needed a change of scenery or some splash run. We can take this year and build a team nobody can contend with with a bright rookie with a dog defense and Terry Gib and duece and Samuel. 

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I know Arron Rogers in our uniform looks cool on Twitter. But after all these years of building and hitting and hitting and hitting on picks we have a bright future. There’s not a player from our patience I’d come off of. If we contend and make the playoffs we’re going into next offseason with juice. Real juice. Not a 7-9 playoff flash this is our chance to really just let this QB come to us. Build a winner and then put a guy on a team that will carry a young guy past what he doesn’t know.

I know it’s hard to be patient and I know there’s all these but it’s Arron or Watson or whoever. But all these guys started somewhere and they all started on teams that built the right way and then made their move. I really just hope we stay true. I believe this team has many years to look forward too if we can just hold true one more year and I know this team will find their guy. We will finally have our guy. Not GB’s guy who needed a change of scenery or some splash run. We can take this year and build a team nobody can contend with with a bright rookie with a dog defense and Terry Gib and duece and Samuel. 

Can’t have a team nobody can contend with if we don’t have a QB we can’t rely on. My guess is we win anywhere from 7 to 9 games this year. We might make the playoffs at 9-8, but I don’t think we do anything more than win 1 playoff game with Fitz and I doubt we even do that.

If we don’t trade for that QB how do you suggest we acquire them?

If we want to be a contender for a Super Bowl we’re going to have to trade up in the draft from the teens next year or trade for a veteran franchise QB who doesn’t want to play for their franchise anymore. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Can’t have a team nobody can contend with if we don’t have a QB we can’t rely on. My guess is we win anywhere from 7 to 9 games this year. We might make the playoffs at 9-8, but I don’t think we do anything more than win 1 playoff game with Fitz and I doubt we even do that.

If we don’t trade for that QB how do you suggest we acquire them?

If we want to be a contender for a Super Bowl we’re going to have to trade up in the draft from the teens next year or trade for a veteran franchise QB who doesn’t want to play for their franchise anymore. 

I’m not saying don’t trade. But i do it in the draft. Trading the farm for someone else’s players just doesn’t work out. It doesn’t always work out in the draft. But I do think we can do a lot of things inside the building and on the field to put a rookie into one of the best situations. But to trade for a proven vet the cost is just way too high,