2021 Giants Schedule- Broncos @ Giants Week 1

Acgott

There are more potentially winnable games on the schedule than there have been the past few years due to a combination of the team finally getting better and having a favorable schedule. Rams, Chiefs, Bucs are the only games you can pencil in an L already. Everything else is varying levels of winnable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

There are more potentially winnable games on the schedule than there have been the past few years due to a combination of the team finally getting better and having a favorable schedule. Rams, Chiefs, Bucs are the only games you can pencil in an L already. Everything else is varying levels of winnable.

I agree in principle. But this assumption also depends on Garrett figuring out the offense. Can he utilize Rudolph, Barkley, Shep, Ross? Can he get DJ a decent passing pocket? I'm doubtful... I want to believe in the man but he worries me... cannot take take anything to doubt. He needs to deliver... NOW!

10 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I agree in principle. But this assumption also depends on Garrett figuring out the offense. Can he utilize Rudolph, Barkley, Shep, Ross? Can he get DJ a decent passing pocket? I'm doubtful... I want to believe in the man but he worries me... cannot take take anything to doubt. He needs to deliver... NOW!

The whole season hinges on Garrett figuring it out. With how closely DG and the coaches work, I have to imagine Garrett has some impact on these draft choices and signers. We got him a lot of firepower. If that is the case, he's actually got no excuse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

The whole season hinges on Garrett figuring it out. With how closely DG and the coaches work, I have to imagine Garrett has some impact on these draft choices and signers. We got him a lot of firepower. If that is the case, he's actually got no excuse. 

Judge has two people helping Garrett figure it out. For me whole season depends on how well the offensive line plays.

• Like 1

That's a fair schedule. Almost no easy games, but no insurmountable challenges either.

The only thing I don't like about it is waiting so long to play the Eagles. They're the kind of team that's begging to be smacked down in Week 1. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 3:15 PM, minutemancl said:

Are they helping him, or poised to take over if Garrett fails and is jettisoned mid-season? 

I'd say both.

Even if Garrett improves, I assume he'll try to ride that success to a new HC gig somewhere else. Rob Sale has a good chance of being our OC at some point. It's just a question of when.

Week 1 will be interesting because my mom is a Broncos fan. I'll never hear the end of it if they beat us, so that's a must-win in my book.