pwny

Which game should we watch?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which game should we watch?

• 1996 Division Round vs Broncos
    • 2006 Week 14 vs Colts
    • 2007 Wild Card vs Steelers

Just now, .Buzz said:

I don't miss our WR's from this era of Jaguars football.

Love Garrard, love Freddy T/MJD, lot of guys on that D, but man I don't miss the WR's.

The AFC South used to be a wasteland for WRs. Colts did well, but the Texans had Andre Johnson and nothing else, and Titans were led by guys like Justin Gage and Roydell Williams, Jags messing around with dudes like Reggie Williams and Matt Jones at WR. Some awful stuff.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

The AFC South used to be a wasteland for WRs. Colts did well, but the Texans had Andre Johnson and nothing else, and Titans were led by guys like Justin Gage and Roydell Williams, Jags messing around with dudes like Reggie Williams and Matt Jones at WR. Some awful stuff.

Yup, was awful to watch.

Makes what Garrard did that much more special. Never understood why our fanbase wanted to move on/get rid of him all the time. I'd take a Garrard type QB in an instant.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Makes what Garrard did that much more special. Never understood why our fanbase wanted to move on/get rid of him all the time. I'd take a Garrard type QB in an instant.

I never got that either. I was always a Garrard guy. 

Just now, iPwn said:

I never got that either. I was always a Garrard guy. 

How could you not be? He was always consistently very solid. Probably was because we had Manning in the division and although Garrard was good, he was never elite obviously. Wanted that elite franchise level QB. Unfortunately, there is very, very few of those type of guys and the likelihood of nabbing a guy like that is very unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

didn't work out the second time around

very different situation obviously

Yeah. But the back injury that Garrard had was so bad that it actually caused him to lose muscle mass in one of his legs. It wouldn’t have worked the other way either. 

Archived