Texans sign RB Rex Burkhead

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Feel like people are sleeping on Burkhead a bit. He’s still a decent back who can contribute as a runner, catcher and blocker, and has ST value. Odd signing for a rebuilding team, but not incapable of decent football.

I think I'd like it on an established team - Tampa Bay, KC, Green Bay, Buffalo, or other CG quality teams - it would be a solid role player signing, one that would contribute in ways not shown on stat sheets.

The Texans aren't that team.

This being said - any RB going into their 30s and coming off of a serious knee injury is lucky to even find work at this stage. I mean, guys like Lev Bell and Todd Gurley are still looking for work, despite having a greater pedigree and production than Burkhead has at this point. 

Burkhead is getting a shot because he's willing to do the dirty work - covering kicks and punts, setting up blocks on KR/PR, etc. Everything Burkhead does from this point in his career is going to be a ST play...