2021 Cardinals Roster

HoboRocket

With early FA, the draft, and June 1st all done, we now have an idea of what our roster will look like this year! 

Projected '21 Cards Roster (June 4):

QB: Kyler Murray, Colt McCoy

RB: Chase Edmonds, James Conner, Eno Benjamin

TE: Maxx Williams, Darrell Daniels

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Green, Christian Kirk, Rondale Moore, Andy Isabella, KeeSean Johnson

OT: DJ Humphries, Kelvin Beachum, Josh Jones

OG: Justin Pugh, Justin Murray, Brian Winters

😄 Rodney Hudson, Lamont Galliard

DE: JJ Watt, Zach Allen, Rashard Lawrence, Michael Dogbe

NT: Jordan Phillips, Leki Fotu

OLB: Chandler Jones, Markus Golden, Dennis Gardeck, Devon Kennard, Victor Dimukeje, Kylie Fits

ILB: Isaiah Simmons, Zaven Collins, Jordan Hicks, Tanner Vallejo, Ezekiel Turner

CB: Byron Murphy, Malcolm Butler, Darqueze Dennard, Robert Alford, Marco Wilson, Tay Gowan

S: Budda Baker, Jalen Thompson, Deionte Thompson, Charles Washington, Chris Banjo, Shawn Williams, James Wiggins

K: Matt Prater

P: Andy Lee

That's 53. Aaron Brewer likely makes the team as a long-snapper, and Michael Menet has a chance to make it, but would need to beat out one of the IOL.

A 49ers fan site ( https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/do-the-49ers-have-the-best-front-four-in-the-nfc-west ) ranks the Cardinals as having the best front four in the NFC West (Chandler Jones, JJ Watt, Jordan Phillips, Markus Golden). Three of those four guys have had 9.5+ sacks in at least one of the last two seasons, and the other one has 101 career sacks (JJ Watt). And it's crazy, because the top two edge guys off the bench (Dennis Gardeck and Devon Kennard) have had 7+ sacks in at least one of the last two seasons. That's a wild rotation.

Edited by HoboRocket

On 6/5/2021 at 8:24 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

I do not see 6 CBs making the roster nor 7 safeties 

On 6/8/2021 at 6:00 PM, LuckyNumber11 said:

And highly doubt we’d run with only 8 OL 

Yeah, we'd likely run with 11 DBs like last year. Add Menet, add Brewer, cut out two DBs. Which ones, though? Banjo? Gowan? Dennard? Washington? Williams? Alford? We have 11 DBs that I could see getting significant snaps on an NFL squad this season, if not starting, and then two rookie CBs.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
26 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

What happened to your teams forum? I figured there would be more activity here!

A) Byron Murphy is NOT a #1 corner. He's a solid #2, but he's stuck as our 1.

B) idk. If you look at the dates, our forum died before the Cardinals' win streak did lol. I'm like the most active member in here and got kinda tired of trying to coax more activity. DirtyDez, 11sanchez11, and LuckyNumber11 are also semi-active, I think. And by that, I mean a solid 6-12 comments in here yearly.

• Like 1