2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

37 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I don’t think you understand how much we need a longer wing. Look at our roster we literally have no one between 6’6 and 6’10 that can play on the wing. 

It’s not that I’m opposed to upgrading over Okoro, but not over the huge need we have at the 3/4. We need a guy to be able to guard Tatum, Brown, Butler, Gianni, KD on the wing. 

Isaac Okoro is 6'6" 225, why can't he play on the wing? I thought his calling card was his defensive versatility. 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

I disagree. I think Eason will evolve into a 3 just like Kawhi did. Not saying he’ll be Kawhi of course but they’re size is extremely similar and I think he can make the transition from the 4 to the 3. 

and sign a vet wing like who and for what money?

so many fans act like it’s easy to find a small forward. It’s literally the toughest position to find in the nba. It’s sports it’s damn near if not 2nd to a starting QB in most difficult position to obtain. Finding a legitimate 3 is the toughest thing to do in the nba. No position is harder to find than small forward.

You tell me in this FA class who the Cavs could get and actually afford that’s out there?  There’s nobody legit bro. We have to find a SF in the draft and I’m 99% sure we’re going to go that position over a 2 guard at 14.  

Use Sexton to go get a wing. There are multiple ways to address your roster. Eason's fine. If you believe in him, go get him.

I really don't care all that much since my issue had less to do with the player taken and was more about using Okoro or LeVert as a reason to pass on someone.

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

and sign a vet wing like who and for what money?

so many fans act like it’s easy to find a small forward. It’s literally the toughest position to find in the nba. It’s sports it’s damn near if not 2nd to a starting QB in most difficult position to obtain. Finding a legitimate 3 is the toughest thing to do in the nba. No position is harder to find than small forward.

You tell me in this FA class who the Cavs could get and actually afford that’s out there?  There’s nobody legit bro. We have to find a SF in the draft and I’m 99% sure we’re going to go that position over a 2 guard at 14.  

Swing Sexton in a S&T for Gordon Hayward or Jerami Grant. 

Finding a SF is the 2nd toughest position to find in all of sports? lol

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

SF is also the least important position in basketball right now. It's basically the offensive guard of the NBA.

A big scoring wing is probably the most important position in basketball, imo, almost every title team has one like Durant, Giannis, LeBron, Kawhi, etc. 

But I just don't think guys like Eason or Liddell are 3's in the NBA or that they fit with the Cavs roster.

Just now, beekay414 said:

SF is also the least important position in basketball right now. It's basically the offensive guard of the NBA.

Stop it. Tatum, KD, Bron, Jimmy Butler, Giannis, and Luka to name a few. That’s not even including Paul George or Kawhi who will be back soon  

just stop it 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I'd like to introduce him to hockey and the position we call goalie lmao

I do not watch hockey lol so you may be right. 

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Stop it. Tatum, KD, Bron, Jimmy Butler, Giannis, and Luka to name a few. That’s not even including Paul George or Kawhi who will be back soon  

just stop it 

I do not watch hockey lol so you may be right. 

Giannis is a 4 and Luka is basically a 1 though. Finding big, elite wings is the hardest thing to do in the NBA for sure though. Neither Eason or Liddell project to be an elite wing player though.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Giannis is a 4 and Luka is basically a 1 though. Finding big, elite wings is the hardest thing to do in the NBA for sure though. Neither Eason or Liddell project to be an elite wing player though.

I don’t think either would be elite. But I’d trust Eason guarding Jason Tatum in a 7 games series over Lauri, Okoro, or Branham. 

Lauri playing the 3 gets exposed when we go up against true 3s. We need someone who can come in and hold their own. You’re probably not getting anyone else at 14 most likely, but we can get someone to help. 

id rather keep Collin and draft Eason for example then trade Collin and a pick for Grant which would probably be what it would take. And bro Gordon Hayward. Cmon bro ain’t nothing doing anything with him. That ain’t solving nothing that’s just creating another problem. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A big scoring wing is probably the most important position in basketball, imo, almost every title team has one like Durant, Giannis, LeBron, Kawhi, etc. 

You need a wing but you don't need it to be strictly a SF. Hell, basketball is basically positionless now. You need a wing scorer but wing can literally be any position sans C.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

I don’t think either would be elite. But I’d trust Eason guarding Jason Tatum in a 7 games series over Lauri, Okoro, or Branham. 

Lauri playing the 3 gets exposed when we go up against true 3s. We need someone who can come in and hold their own. You’re probably not getting anyone else at 14 most likely, but we can get someone to help. 

id rather keep Collin and draft Eason for example then trade Collin and a pick for Grant which would probably be what it would take. And bro Gordon Hayward. Cmon bro ain’t nothing doing anything with him. That ain’t solving nothing that’s just creating another problem. 

So what exactly does Okoro do if he's not skilled enough to be a 2 offensively but can't defend 3's?

Sexton for Grant is probably your best chance at adding a legitimate wing.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You need a wing but you don't need it to be strictly a SF. Hell, basketball is basically positionless now. You need a wing scorer but wing can literally be any position sans C.

I'm just curious as to why Okoro isn't a SF?