2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

That would be the deal I’d look for, throw in Holmes, and maybe Donte although I’m not sure how his contract and moving him works, who both could be helpful for the wizards. Run Davion, Ivey, Kuz, Barnes, Sabonis with Avdija, Lyles and pick 10 the first off the bench. 

I'd move Holmes elsewhere in a 3 team deal and try to get another 1st and a player back. Maybe Holmes to Charlotte for #15 and Plumlee?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

That would be the deal I’d look for, throw in Holmes, and maybe Donte although I’m not sure how his contract and moving him works, who both could be helpful for the wizards. Run Davion, Ivey, Kuz, Barnes, Sabonis with Avdija, Lyles and pick 10 the first off the bench. 

Avdija, KCP, and Kuzma for Holmes/Fox also works financially.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Kings won't reset anyways. Randive is going to keep them in treadmill town in hopes of getting to that 10th seed lol.

I remember when they said that they thought Fox/Hield/Bagley could be the foundation for a super team.

We gotta stop fellas, I’m getting a little too optimistic right now with these trade scenarios. As a kings fan that’s poor form.

Yeah I don't really see you guys moving Fox. The only pieces I think you might move are #4, Barnes, and Holmes. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah I don't really see you guys moving Fox. The only pieces I think you might move are #4, Barnes, and Holmes. 

Pretty much, and Barnes isn’t a wise move if we’re truly trying to make the playoffs or from a trade perspective considering some contender will come knocking at the deadline for him. 

Give me Grant and Bey for 4 and Holmes. At the very least gives us more length, athleticism and better shooting with guys young enough for a little “playoff” window.

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

Pretty much, and Barnes isn’t a wise move if we’re truly trying to make the playoffs or from a trade perspective considering some contender will come knocking at the deadline for him. 

Give me Grant and Bey for 4 and Holmes. At the very least gives us more length, athleticism and better shooting with guys young enough for a little “playoff” window.

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of you just staying put, taking Ivey #4 then running with:

Fox - Ivey - Barnes - Sabonis - Holmes

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of you just staying put, taking Ivey #4 then running with:

Fox - Ivey - Barnes - Sabonis - Holmes

If we figured out how use Sabonis and Holmes together than I too think this is our best bet keeping pick 4. Holmes and Donte expressing frustration with the Kings and maybe wanting out would need to get ironed out. Use the MLE to get another wing or shooter, someone who can space the floor. Mitchell and Lyles, along with whoever our MLE is and whatever else we can bring in with our 10M in space would be our 9.

The pistons trade I mentioned the comment above would give us a line up of 

Fox - Donte - Bey - Grant - Sabonis

With Mitchell, Barnes, Lyles coming off the bench. 

Edited by Fureys49ers

6 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

If we figured out how use Sabonis and Holmes together than I too think this is our best bet keeping pick 4. Holmes and Donte expressing frustration with the Kings and maybe wanting out would need to get ironed out. Use the MLE to get another wing or shooter, someone who can space the floor. Mitchell and Lyles, along with whoever our MLE is and whatever else we can bring in with our 10M in space would be our 9.

The pistons trade I mentioned the comment above would give us a line up of 

Fox - Donte - Bey - Grant - Sabonis

With Mitchell, Barnes, Lyles coming off the bench. 

Holmes and Sabonis didn't play well together last year? I'm sure you can still get solid value for Holmes regardless of what you do at #4. I personally don't think I'd trade #4 for Grant as the Kings, I'd just go Ivey. I don't love the fit but he's the best player in the draft so you just have to figure it out later.

I wonder if you'd consider trading Davion Mitchell.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Holmes and Sabonis didn't play well together last year? I'm sure you can still get solid value for Holmes regardless of what you do at #4. I personally don't think I'd trade #4 for Grant as the Kings, I'd just go Ivey. I don't love the fit but he's the best player in the draft so you just have to figure it out later.

I wonder if you'd consider trading Davion Mitchell.

I wouldn’t say they played poorly, just wasn’t super effective. Trey Lyles was more effective next to him. Honestly we didn’t get to see a lot of Holmes and Sabonis, Holmes starting fading to the bench and minutes kept getting cut. I’d prefer to keep Mitchell and move Fox to unload that contract and Mitchell’s defense. But if a team covets Mitchell and is willing to give up a young shooter for him I’d think about it.

I wouldn’t say they played poorly, just wasn’t super effective. Trey Lyles was more effective next to him. Honestly we didn’t get to see a lot of Holmes and Sabonis, Holmes starting fading to the bench and minutes kept getting cut. I’d prefer to keep Mitchell and move Fox to unload that contract and Mitchell’s defense. But if a team covets Mitchell and is willing to give up a young shooter for him I’d think about it.

Yeah Sabonis is probably better suited to be a 5 and Barnes/Grant is a solid wing duo to pair him with. Fox has value I just don't see a natural fit or see you guys trading him. You're honestly just in a weird spot with your roster construction but adding another wing scorer is never a bad thing.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah Sabonis is probably better suited to be a 5 and Barnes/Grant is a solid wing duo to pair him with. Fox has value I just don't see a natural fit or see you guys trading him. You're honestly just in a weird spot with your roster construction but adding another wing scorer is never a bad thing.

Pretty much, no clear route to take. No perfect fit prospect where need and BPA line up. Grant helps this team and fits best with the players we have the most. Ivey is the best prospect at 4. I’m a fan of Murray but AJ Griffin is the best fit for need for the kings.

43 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Yes please