2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If Detroit gets Ivey and Ayton a year after Cleveland was able to get Allen and Mobley, I'll be annoyed as a Bucks fan lol.

Yeah I think it's a no brainer if you can swap Grant on an expiring deal for Ayton on a 4 year deal. The Pistons don't have any big contracts on their books and Ayton's deal would be coming to an end before they'd have to extend anyone.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I can't see the Thunder taking Chet at #2 and then going with another big at #12. 

why not?  they could use upgrades in the frontcourt.  Imagine trying to go against that frontcourt while on offense.

Edited by Texansfan713

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I think it's a no brainer if you can swap Grant on an expiring deal for Ayton on a 4 year deal. The Pistons don't have any big contracts on their books and Ayton's deal would be coming to an end before they'd have to extend anyone.

What's the proposed situation look like? Would Grant be used in the S&T for Ayton? 

4 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

why not?  they could use upgrades in the front court.  Imagine trying to go against that frontcourt on offense.  

The NBA is trending towards small ball and Mark Williams can only operate around the rim so you'd essentially be forcing Chet to be on the perimeter almost exclusively on offense if they played together. 

There are also other centers later in the draft that could play a similar role. I think someone like Walker Kessler would fit better next to Chet than Mark.

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, beekay414 said:

What's the proposed situation look like? Would Grant be used in the S&T for Ayton? 

Yeah essentially Detroit would sign him to a max offer sheet and assuming Phoenix doesn't want to match they'd work a S&T sending Grant back to the Suns.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah essentially Detroit would sign him to a max offer sheet and assuming Phoenix doesn't want to match they'd work a S&T sending Grant back to the Suns.

Yeah, if you can pull that off, it's a no brainer. Adding Ivey/Sharpe and Ayton to Cunningham is *chef's kiss*

Just now, beekay414 said:

Unless OG truly wants out, I don't see it. Not unless they think Barnes can play SF.

The Raptors have been linked to both Rudy/Ayton so it looks like they want rim protection. If I'm Phoenix I'd value Grant more than Turner and would look to add someone like Mitchell Robinson in free agency.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And not get him, since Phoenix would just match. 

sure but we're operating here under the impression that they don't want to pay him max money. otherwise he'd already be signed. sarver's a ******* idiot but i don't think he's dumb enough to pay a guy $130+ million out of spite because the guy wants to leave

2 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

sure but we're operating here under the impression that they don't want to pay him max money. otherwise he'd already be signed. sarver's a ******* idiot but i don't think he's dumb enough to pay a guy $130+ million out of spite because the guy wants to leave

He's not walking for nothing, I'll just put it that way. The Suns are a well run organization and, if he pulls a max offer sheet, they'll match it, regardless of the history of what's gone on.