Preseason Wk 1 - Bengals @ Bucs

ravishingone

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Maybe. But dude makes plays when the ball is thrown his way.

Hudson has made plays for 3 preseasons.  The only reason Hudson makes it to the 53 man roster is because Howard is made of glass.  He s TE4 at best, and maybe this might be the yr where they go with 3 TEs and use the extra OL for the jumbo package instead of using the 4th TE.

Hudson ckears waivers, if not. oh well.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Hudson has made plays for 3 preseasons.  The only reason Hudson makes it to the 53 man roster is because Howard is made of glass.  He s TE4 at best, and maybe this might be the yr where they go with 3 TEs and use the extra OL for the jumbo package instead of using the 4th TE.

Hudson ckears waivers, if not. oh well.

Certainly. But carrying four TEs is pretty standard for a lotta teams. No true FB has opened up that spot.

BA has been upset with his blocking because TE4 plays special teams and needs to block.

My takeaways from Preseason game 1

- WAY TOO MUCH Griffen %^&*

- They definitely want to feed Darden this preseason

- im beginning to think i was wrong on Tryon already 😅 that  boy stood out

- Our offense might be tough on a rookie QB, Trask looked kinda awful imo

- Cockrell looked good

- Vaughn looked better than i anticipated

-  I was rooting for Grant Stuard, but sheesh, his lack of athleticism compared to NFL talent is glaring, he seemed to always be late to the play, great hair though

all of our concepts are for deeper routes and when an inexperienced QB is in there like Trask all you get is these long throws that dont go anywhere

Trask needs to learn how to check down to the underneath routes more, even if the play is designed to go deeper, if its not there, its not there, period

i was hoping he would look better against these 3s and 4s out there

for some reason the commentators kept praising him alot, but i just didnt see it

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
  • Like 1

Griffen needs to be treated as a camp arm.  I get the notion of developing Trask slowly, but there is no reason to have him playing with 3s for the benefit of giving Griffen reps with the 2s.  

Watching dudes dropping dimes from Trask is not a help to him.  Griffen was playing with Darden, Miller, and Johnson last night.  Trask got the CFL/Arena league dudes.  This needs to change ASAP.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Trask needs to learn how to check down to the underneath routes more, even if the play is designed to go deeper, if its not there, its not there, period

He had like five drops. Should've been 9/15.

He had that overthrow as well that would've been six if it was a yard or so shorter.

He stood strong in the pocket and moved pretty well when he needed to.

I didn't think he did too poorly for his first NFL game.

Luckily we won't see him on the field any time this season.