Raiders sign DT Ethan Westbrooks

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

this is the make or break year for everyone including me lol

Think I'm already checked out. Didn't even know a game was coming up. It's not just the team but NFL as a business in general. Hopefully one day I won't even notice a season was played because my attention is elsewhere. Basketball, Hockey I didn't notice until the end and barely. Saw a baseball game on a tv and asked if it was a replay or live and they said live. I use to be the guy who wouldn't work Sundays or Monday nights because I was glued to the games. Oh well, more free time 😁

3 hours ago, G said:

Think I'm already checked out. Didn't even know a game was coming up. It's not just the team but NFL as a business in general. Hopefully one day I won't even notice a season was played because my attention is elsewhere. Basketball, Hockey I didn't notice until the end and barely. Saw a baseball game on a tv and asked if it was a replay or live and they said live. I use to be the guy who wouldn't work Sundays or Monday nights because I was glued to the games. Oh well, more free time 😁

Us moving to Vegas meant I lose the local games on tv since im in NorCal it’s not really worth buying cable. If it’s on tv I’ll watch if not catch the replays. Like the last game of the season last year didn’t even make a effort to try to get somewhere to watch it. Seems like I didn’t miss much.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 2:43 PM, ronjon1990 said:

1. Didn't mean to ignore it. I would have drafted any number of guys. Perfect prospects? By no means were there any of those in the draft. But every single player in the draft has played far more games since 2018 than Westbrooks. I made my feelings on the lack of draftees well known back in April. 

2. We needed S's, yes. That doesn't mean you spend all of your capital on S's. That doesn't mean sign 15 of them at the expense of other positions. We drafted Moehrig. We signed Joseph. Unfortunately we're stuck with Abram. Leavitt is still here, by the way, soo.....

3. A good end, yes. Ferrell sucks. We got Yannick. We have Crosby. We signed Thomas (laughably as a DT). Nassib isn't going anywhere without it hurting us in the pocketbook for now. Koonce could conceivably wind up 5th or 6th on the depth chart, which is not good for a top 80 pick. He won't be starting over Crosby or Yannick. Ferrell is going to be given every possible opportunity to continue to underwhelm. Nassib is overpriced but not terrible. Why, then, did we pick an undersized DE in the top 80 when the likelihood of meaningful play time is severely limited by far better talent ahead of him on the depth chart? It's not like Koonce was a falling star we snagged up. He's another 3rd round shot in the dark, taken at the expense of addressing other positions (or otherwise not drafting S's and pretending they're linebackers).

You don’t draft solely for the upcoming season, you draft for the future as well. That’s why we’ve been terrible for years because we’ve needed 3rd round picks who needed time to come in and start. We just so happen to have decent depth so we can groom some guys for future seasons. Nassib will most likely be gone next year and Yannick is only on a 2 year deal. If Koonce develops we will have a replacement in place and not have to reach for need in upcoming drafts. We’re becoming a solid team these are good problems to have. Same with Deablo, Gillespie, Muse etc. not every rookie is gonna come in and ball day 1. I do expect 1st and 2nd Rounders to contribute year 1 though.