Which group of teams would you rather have as division rivals?

pf9

There are four groups of teams that I would have considered for being the Texans' division rivals 20 years ago.

Choice A: Bengals, Browns, Steelers
These were the Oilers' division rivals from 1970-94, joined by the Jaguars in 1995 and the Ravens in 1996.

Choice B: Bills, Jets, Patriots
The Oilers were with these teams from 1960-69 in the AFL East, now it would also be a nod to the fact that the other Texas team, the Cowboys, has division rivals in the Northeast

Choice C - Broncos, Chargers, Raiders
These three are the westernmost teams in the AFC, with the Texans being the 4th-westernmost (being west of Kansas City)

Choice D - Dolphins or Colts, Jaguars, Titans
The AFC South, the division the Texans are in now. Some want to swap the Colts to the North, the Ravens to the East, and the Dolphins to the South. The Oilers and Dolphins were in the AFL East together from 1966-69. The Titans are also the former Oilers.

So, which of these groups would you prefer?

Edited by pf9

I think for some, having division rivals in the Northeast like the Cowboys do would be very enticing.

Especially considering the Oilers had the Bills, Jets, and Patriots as division rivals in the AFL days.

And Boston, Houston and NYC are all top 10 markets.

I mean if the league is entertained by the Giants playing a Texas team twice a year, why not have the same for the Jets?

23 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I think for some, having division rivals in the Northeast like the Cowboys do would be very enticing.

Especially considering the Oilers had the Bills, Jets, and Patriots as division rivals in the AFL days.

And Boston, Houston and NYC are all top 10 markets.

I mean if the league is entertained by the Giants playing a Texas team twice a year, why not have the same for the Jets?

This might be true (don't really know) but Texans/Titans can't be broken up - new Houston vs old Houston is a definitive matchup for both teams now.