Preseason game 2 Raiders at Rams GDT

agarcia34

10 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Thank you. 

Miller has been a hit. 

Jacobs has had hit-like production, but there's just something lacking for me. I'd still draft him, but I agree, he was taken early in that draft. He's not a megastar, but trending towards being among the best. 

Ferrell amd Abram, for what they were supposed to bring and where we took them, are effectively busts. Abram is on thin ice, and that was made a bit obvious with the moves we made. Ferrell...it's hilarious how his proponents went from "Great pick, STFU!" to "8-10 sacks!" to "5-7 sacks!" to "Well, he's good at stopping the run...." so quickly. Both were bad picks and wouldn't be here today if not for the investment. 

Ruggs has A LOT of improvement to make, considering who we took him ahead of. His supposedly refined route running (something his defenders pointed to when he was called a one trick pony) was bad enough that Mayock actually called it out. The potential is certainly there, but potential means little if it's not realized. 

Arnette sucks. I hated the pick from the beginning and can't wait for everyone to finally reach that consensus. Awful pick. The excuses are nauseating. 

Leatherwood is a rookie, so it's TBD. 

How anyone can defend our recent drafting is beyond me.

Miller has definitely been a hit, he's one of the best LT in football. 

Jacobs has definitely been one of the few picks that we hit on, I know a lot of people say that he wasn't a great value pick where we took him. But we landed him at the end of the first round, while other top backs in the league such as Henry, Chubb, Mixon, Cook were all taken in the early 2nd round. Jacobs doesn't really have the big play/break away speed that you want from an elite RB, but he's still one of the best RB's in the league. IIRC he's the only RB in Raiders history to rush for 1,000+ yards in back to back seasons. And through 2 years he's the leader in rushing yards and TD from his draft class.

Clelin Ferrell and Damon Arnette were both terrible picks and likely won't be with the team very much longer. 

Jonathan Abram is approaching bust territory but this is essentially his 2nd season and he's now in a scheme that fits his strengths a lot better. So this is really a make or break year for him. 

Ruggs definitely has to improve this season but I'm not ready to write him off. A lot of WR's have struggled as rookies and then made major leaps as 2nd year players. As I've said before Gruden's system is known to be very complicated and he had essentially no off-season time to build chemistry with Carr or really learn the in's and out's of the playbook. We also have to do a much better job of getting him involved and throwing him the ball but he was also clearly banged up all year. 

Leatherwood could be good but as you said it's TBD. 

Either way though our drafting under Gruden has been pretty damn terrible, lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Koonce started the game slow, which is why i had a mostly negative impression of him, but he started making plays toward the end. this is a hell of a rep.

Was this play called back? The only sack on the box score was Muse/Philon.