Jets Looking For Pass Rusher......Here's a thought

soulman

Offer them Robert Quinn for Morgan Moses and a mid round pick IF they will also take Nick Foles.

We get some immediate help at RT and free up $12.5 mil worth of cap space including Moses $3.1 mil salary.

I have no belief at all that Quinn is worth his $11.5 salary.  We'd be facing a $9.3 mil dead cap hit in 2022 but we also shed his $12.9 mil salary.

Attaochu can replace him along with Gipson and Vaughters or rookies like Snowden and Kamara.  If we got 10 sacks and a 15 hits hits out of this bunch it would probably equal whatever we can expect out of Quinn and possibly more.  He's sunk cost but a trade might re-float the cap hit ship.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Nobody wants anyone else’s garbage.  Especially expensive garbage.

Quinn will have to play well again to build value.

I would have to agree with this.  You can't be bad AND expensive, even at a position of need and be wanted.  It's just wouldn't seem to make good business sense for them to do so.

Please just allow some of us our dreams

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Please just allow some of us our dreams

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Ah maybe.....but the Jets seem to be shopping hard for an edge guy to replace Lawson.  They'd be taking an $11.5 mil risk on him this year but have no obligation to keep him beyond 2021 under his current contract.  But if he does bounce back they have him under contact through 2024.

No trade is ever risk free and by now the Jets aren't gonna find many established edge guys someone wants to part with or on the street.  I don't think we could talk them into taking Foles to seal the deal but as badly as we need OT help a swap for Moses and maybe a 4th or 5th round kicker may help both teams especially with the Jets having enough cap space to deal with his contract and we free up some badly needed cap.

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

I would have to agree with this.  You can't be bad AND expensive, even at a position of need and be wanted.  It's just wouldn't seem to make good business sense for them to do so.

Oh you negative Nelly's.  LOL

Look, if we're looking for Quinn to bounce back and give us maybe 9-10 sacks and 12-15 hits can you give any good reason why the Jets who actually need him worse than we do can't also look for the same.  The Jets also play a 4-3 front so he'd be going back to his more familiar DE position as well.  His salary is less than Lawson is getting and ranks 20th among NFL DE.  So he's actually NOT all that expensive guys.

We need more vet help at OT than we need Quinn so ya' gotta think a little outside the box and just your own point of view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Oh you negative Nelly's.  LOL

Look, if we're looking for Quinn to bounce back and give us maybe 9-10 sacks and 12-15 hits can you give any good reason why the Jets who actually need him worse than we do can't also look for the same.  The Jets also play a 4-3 front so he'd be going back to his more familiar DE position as well.  His salary is less than Lawson is getting and ranks 20th among NFL DE.  So he's actually NOT all that expensive guys.

We need more vet help at OT than we need Quinn so ya' gotta think a little outside the box and just your own point of view.

Hey, I'd take the deal ... if I was Bears.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Hey, I'd take the deal ... if I was Bears.

Well you and I we are the Bears.  It's kinda like "America First" only in this case it's Chicago First.

I'm not wasting any time worrying about the Jets issues or their well being.  It's a straight up business proposition.  They need a pass rusher and we need another vet OT.  We have a guy who actually fits their needs better than he fits ours and they have a vet OT who we were actually interested in signing earlier before he signed with the Jets.  I just thought it might be a realistic trade to explore.

As for Quinn's cost.  I've already shown that he's not all that pricey in the scheme of what top DE or OLB get.  His salary ranks him about 20th for a DE and 16th for an OLB.  I'll leave it up to you or anyone else to find another edge guy with Quinn's experience for far less.  I'm not saying the Jets would have any interest at all but there's no harm in kicking it around and baiting a hook with an offer.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, soulman said:

Well you and I we are the Bears.  It's kinda like "America First" only in this case it's Chicago First.

I'm not wasting any time worrying about the Jets issues or their well being.  It's a straight up business proposition.  They need a pass rusher and we need another vet OT.  We have a guy who actually fits their needs better than he fits ours and they have a vet OT who we were actually interested in signing earlier before he signed with the Jets.  I just thought it might be a realistic trade to explore.

As for Quinn's cost.  I've already shown that he's not all that pricey in the scheme of what top DE or OLB get.  His salary ranks him about 20th for a DE and 16th for an OLB.  I'll leave it up to you or anyone else to find another edge guy with Quinn's experience for far less.  I'm not saying the Jets would have any interest at all but there's no harm in kicking it around and baiting a hook with an offer.

I agree with you.  Go sell it to Jets fans, see what they say.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Logically this makes a ton of sense for both teams...that said there is no way I see it happening.

Well to that point Mike I would admit that I may have been just a teeny bit high when the thought first occurred to me.  🤣

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I agree with you.  Go sell it to Jets fans, see what they say.

Why would I want to do that?  It's not their call.  I'm way too experienced for that.  I only make sales presentations to decision makers.  Get me Joe Douglas's number.  😁