Bojack Horseman mafia: Mafia wins!

Malfatron

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Can't say. Don't know how host is writing it up. The way to find out, unfortunately, is voting you. Otherwise, Sanchez basically has to info dump his role; maybe his move only works a percentage of the time on town too and thus it could have failed, but yesterday I believe he stated that his move doesn't work on scum and didn't indicate anything about a lack of probability on town. 

There are hosts who will only give a "move failed" with no context and there are hosts who will give a decent write up and flavor it for role blocks. 

Has anyone else indicated that they may have been roleblocked n1? 

Part in bold: it's the right move, absolutely.

10 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm still new, so a lot of that went over my head.

FTR, a watcher is a very, very common role in mafia where an individual selects a target and sees anyone who visits them at night. 

If there is a watcher in the game, they most certainly had Sanchez as their target. Even if you just role blocked him, if Sanchez steps out and says discloses that, a watcher would know who did it. No way in hell town would have role blocked him, thus whomever the watcher saw visit Sanchez becomes target #1 for the vote. 

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

aren't we just discovering that the scum have a roleblock if TL flips civ? thats pretty low level intel for an inno IMO

There's simply no reason to doubt Sanchez at the current point in time. 

Just now, Forge said:

There's simply no reason to doubt Sanchez at the current point in time. 

Well, I don't think anyone is arguing that sanchez should be doubted. I woke up today fully prepared to vote whoever sanchez revealed. I just didn't think it would be me.

The argument is that: 1) a roleblock could absolutely exist, especially in a more straightforward game, 2) scum killed someone not named sanchez last night, and 3) scum would absolutely target sanchez with a roleblock ability after his results N1.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Well, I don't think anyone is arguing that sanchez should be doubted. I woke up today fully prepared to vote whoever sanchez revealed. I just didn't think it would be me.

The argument is that: 1) a roleblock could absolutely exist, especially in a more straightforward game, 2) scum killed someone not named sanchez last night, and 3) scum would absolutely target sanchez with a roleblock ability after his results N1.

The argument is largely irrelevant though because there's no reason to go against what Sanchez is saying

If he comes out and says that there is a chance his move wouldn't work on town is the only way you reconsider the vote. That's basically it. And frankly, if I were him, I wouldn't do that. 

Just now, Forge said:

The argument is largely irrelevant though because there's no reason to go against what Sanchez is saying

If he comes out and says that there is a chance his move wouldn't work on town is the only way you reconsider the vote. That's basically it. And frankly, if I were him, I wouldn't do that. 

Well, it hurts town to try and get him to claim more than he has to, so that's not what town should do.

But, town could also believe that a scum roleblock exists. I mean, the verbage was only "it failed".

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Well, it hurts town to try and get him to claim more than he has to, so that's not what town should do.

But, town could also believe that a scum roleblock exists. I mean, the verbage was only "it failed".

Which is also applicable to his move simply failing by trying to use it on scum. It's a crap position for you if you are in fact town, but any possibilities are entirely hypothetical. What's not hypothetical is that Sanchez has successfully found scum under this same exact action. 

Outside of Sanchez openly acknowledging that his move does not have a 100% success rate on town I can't change my vote on a hypothetical scenario. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Which is also applicable to his move simply failing by trying to use it on scum. It's a crap position for you if you are in fact town, but any possibilities are entirely hypothetical. What's not hypothetical is that Sanchez has successfully found scum under this same exact action. 

Outside of Sanchez openly acknowledging that his move does not have a 100% success rate on town I can't change my vote on a hypothetical scenario. 

he did acknowledge that on n1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Nope, and you really shouldn't. I know I wouldn't.

To not vote me, although it would be the "right" move, would require the player to trust 100% that I'm town. And no one should be able to do that right now.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Nope, and you really shouldn't. I know I wouldn't.

To not vote me, although it would be the "right" move, would require the player to trust 100% that I'm town. And no one should be able to do that right now.

or to just think there is a greater than 50% chance of a scum roleblock in play