Jaguars claim Tyron Johnson

JiffyJag

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Man, it’s pretty cool to have a team that actually is willing to do a waiver claim for someone with potential.

You can’t tell me the last regime would have made the obvious claim like this.

That speed is going to help so much along with Chark. Who knows how much production he really ends up bringing, but we so desperately need that field stretching.

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

You can’t tell me the last regime would have made the obvious claim like this.

That speed is going to help so much along with Chark. Who knows how much production he really ends up bringing, but we so desperately need that field stretching.

it’s a pretty good assumption that they wouldn’t have. I remember a couple years ago when we had that disastrous looking OL, we were like 3rd or 4th in priority, a handful of good OL options got released, and we just sat on our hands and went into the year with the guys we already had. I ranted for a while about it, because it was just so damn stupid to not do anything. It’s not like we lose our spot or something, so put in a damn claim for anyone you can that the salary makes sense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

He was apparently a camp standout before this all happened, as well. 

Are we surprised?

I watched a good bit of LAC since Herbert was fun as hell and this dude popped. He was just a rookie last year too.

Usually don’t get too crazy excited about a waiver claim but this just sounds like someone who never should’ve got cut/the coach being an idiot IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Are we surprised?

I watched a good bit of LAC since Herbert was fun as hell and this dude popped. He was just a rookie last year too.

Usually don’t get too crazy excited about a waiver claim but this just sounds like someone who never should’ve got cut/the coach being an idiot IMO.

Second year player. He spent his rookie year on a few team’s practice squads, but yeah.

I’ve looked a bunch at Chargers blogs and writers and most all of them are baffled by it, and pretty much everyone is saying there’s an argument that he didn’t win the #3 job, but they didn’t see anything that indicated he was worse than the #4 WR there this offseason.

Seems like if he has a full offseason, he’s a guy that’s gonna get you 30 catches, 400 yards, 3-4 TDs in a 16 game season, and obviously provide some much needed downfield speed. Just gotta hope they can get him out there quickly and work him through to get caught up with learning the offense.

• Like 1