2022 Mock Draft Sims

kingseanjohn

3 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Most sites don't bother updating their live website between College Football Playoffs and the Combine.    They save it for after the combine.    It's why I don't put much stock in whether a guy is ranked in the 40-50's and  is chosen in the 30's right now.

Not only that, but since we're always picking at the end of rounds, if we really like someone we most likely have to "take them a round early".

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

LOL..... this scouting report is not from TDN and is not McCreary. BOGUS BS

Read more closely. I said it was of another DB and it is from TDN, just not 2022.

The point is that it is almost the same reviewthat you could give McCreary--decent size and good physicality, athletic, intimidating, some coverage issues--even though the other DB was taken Day #3. 

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

Read more closely. I said it was of another DB and it is from TDN, just not 2022.

The point is that it is almost the same reviewthat you could give McCreary--decent size and good physicality, athletic, intimidating, some coverage issues--even though the other DB was taken Day #3. 

No it isn't "almost the same review". We'll just have to disagree. I like him. You don't. 'Nough said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

No it isn't "almost the same review". We'll just have to disagree. I like him. You don't. 'Nough said.

Liking him or not is not really the point. Except in unusual situations, eg an injured top 10 talent, even lat first round players are expected to contribute immediately. If you need to retrain the player to a new position, that's a big knock.    

J

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

From the scouting report:

This is the first time you posted anything from the scouting report. My high school didn't offer mind reading, so you have me at a disadvantage. 

Having some experience helps butit is not the same thing as being well versed at a position. An example of that would be L'Jarius Sneed who had three years at CB and only the senior year at safety. He lasted to the 4th round. 

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

Please don't respond unintelligently. Thank you

No need yo be insulting. 

26 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

This is the first time you posted anything from the scouting report. My high school didn't offer mind reading, so you have me at a disadvantage. 

You can read any report by clicking on the player's name. it's FREE. As in free for all. Free for anyone to read. It describes a player's strongpoints and weaknesses are. Did I say it's FREE. Yes, for you it's FREE! No need to mindread !!

50 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

You can read any report by clicking on the player's name. it's FREE. As in free for all. Free for anyone to read. It describes a player's strongpoints and weaknesses are. Did I say it's FREE. Yes, for you it's FREE! No need to mindread !!

I see. They posted the list but didn't change the header. It still says 2021 prospects. 

I have to disagree about one thing. The thumbnail profile I posted is very much like the write up they gave McCreary, just not as detailed. It's also rather like the profiles that Mike Hughes received four years ago.

I tried something different.  Went BPA with the exception of oboes like QB, RB, TE, IOL where the starters are fairly well locked in.  Also had a rule not to double down until late round.  I wouldn’t hate this draft, Dean would obviously be a luxury but we could make a system work with Dean/Bolton/Gay in some fashion that would be a pretty wicked LB core.

Nakobe Dean LB.
Christian Watson WR,
Zachary Carter IDL,
Sam Williams EDGE,
Nehemiah Pritchett CB,
Juanyeh Thomas S.

Eric Ezukanma WR,
Jermaine WallerCB,
Chris OwensIOL.

30.  Cameron Thomas, EDGE, San Diego St; Obvious need
62.  Phidarian Mathis, IDL, Alabama; Will strengthen the DL
94.  Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA; One of the best WR available
102.  Sterling Weatherford, S, Miami (OH); replacement for T. Mathieu
133.  Jack Sanborn, LB, Wisconsin; replacement for Hitchens

This has gotten dull, since no one is updating lists until after the Combine. 

There is one new list which proved interesting. Tyler Smith has been ranked in the low teens but seems to be slipping. On this board he was the 5th OT. Jameson Williams and Jahan Dotson were both available. At #62, I could have gone with Brisker or Cine but no one listed as Edge.  

30: R1 P30 OT Tyler Smith - Tulsa
62: R2 P30 DL Perrion Winfrey - Oklahoma
94: R3 P30 EDGE Dominique Robinson - Miami (Ohio)
103: R3 P39 EDGE Josh Paschal - Kentucky
134: R4 P30 WR Calvin Austin III - Memphis

This one was interesting. OT was overpicked which let some others slide.

Don't sleep on the last pick. Abram Smith was freshly converted to RB but he kicked Baylor's offense up a gear. Lots of power and still learning the position.

30: R1 P30 EDGE Travon Walker - Georgia
62: R2 P30 WR Devon Williams - Oregon
94: R3 P30 DL Travis Jones - Connecticut
134: R4 P30 RB Abram Smith - Baylor

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

This one was interesting. OT was overpicked which let some others slide.

Don't sleep on the last pick. Abram Smith was freshly converted to RB but he kicked Baylor's offense up a gear. Lots of power and still learning the position.

30: R1 P30 EDGE Travon Walker - Georgia
62: R2 P30 WR Devon Williams - Oregon
94: R3 P30 DL Travis Jones - Connecticut
134: R4 P30 RB Abram Smith - Baylor

I like the Smith pick, something fresh about how he runs.  Punishing.  Don’t know that he’ll have the longevity, but as a tandem back I like it a lot there.