Boots

LETSGOBROWNIES

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I like the idea of spending more on an item I'll use for a LONG time. My closet consists of the same shirt in 5 colors. The shirt is like $90 but I can wear them to work, vacay, camping, out for drinks, etc. I'll spend money on something like that so I never have to think about what I'm gonna wear :)

I bought a sweet pair of asolo's as hikers like 8 years ago. Spent what I thought was a fortune at the time, but still going super strong after countless miles.

I don't really balk at high prices for necessary items anymore. Plus throw in the American made and I won't think twice about dropping another small fortune in a pair of boots I'll be wearing for a decade or more.

What's the shirt?

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What's the shirt?

Arc'teryx Skyline long sleeve

It's the absolute perfect shirt for my body type too. Usually smalls sleeves are short and mediums are super baggy on me but the small in this shirt is form fitting on me. It's perfect for a 5'11" 160lb guy with long limbs.

• 4 weeks later...

This is going to be a dumb question but I'm from the south so..

How can I make sure my boots are "snow proof"? I'm travelling out of the country soon and I may be dealing with some dustings and I honestly need to buy some clothing as I am woefully unprepared.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

This is going to be a dumb question but I'm from the south so..

How can I make sure my boots are "snow proof"? I'm travelling out of the country soon and I may be dealing with some dustings and I honestly need to buy some clothing as I am woefully unprepared.

Are they insulated?

Synthetic material around the sole/toe?

Any waterproofing like Gore-Tex?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There is always fur lined leather boots if you want something a bit more stylish, but they are spendy and generally not as durable as synthetics.

The weather forecast has maybe 3-4 days of *possible* snow. I'm shooting for something that looks nice for for when I return to warmer climes but also won't get damaged or soaked if I have to walk through a bit of snow. I won't be shoveling snow or anything like that.

Something like this:

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/sorel-mens-cheyanne-lace-full-grain-waterproof-200g-winter-boots-16sormchynnchpmnkfbo/16sormchynnchpmnkfbo

With that hideous band around the bottom is exactly what I'm trying to stay away from.

The first pair posted in this thread, is something more along what I would wear but I honestly don't know if a leather pair like that would get ruined in snow. I'm ignorant in this arena.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

The weather forecast has maybe 3-4 days of *possible* snow. I'm shooting for something that looks nice for for when I return to warmer climes but also won't get damaged or soaked if I have to walk through a bit of snow. I won't be shoveling snow or anything like that.

Something like this:

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/sorel-mens-cheyanne-lace-full-grain-waterproof-200g-winter-boots-16sormchynnchpmnkfbo/16sormchynnchpmnkfbo

With that hideous band around the bottom is exactly what I'm trying to stay away from.

The first pair posted in this thread, is something more along what I would wear but I honestly don't know if a leather pair like that would get ruined in snow. I'm ignorant in this arena.

I thought you meant you'd be spending time in snow for sure...

The boots in the OP are what I wear all winter, use some common sense and clean salt/road grime off them when you take them off and they'll last for years. Snow won't phase them at all.

As long as you're on sidewalks and such they won't hardly get snow on them.

Buy what you like and use a leather protectant or conditioner and you'll be good to go.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As long as you're on sidewalks and such they won't hardly get snow on them.

Buy what you like and use a leather protectant or conditioner and you'll be good to go.

Yeah I might've been unclear; they'll come into contact with snow but I won't be frolicking about. Good to know.

Archived