What draft pick or player would you trade for Odell Beckham?

brownie man

How much would you trade for Odell?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What is fair value in a trade for Odell?

• First rounder
    • Second rounder
    • Third rounder
    • Forth Rounder
    • Other please name

I wouldn't want him for anything less than the vet minimum and maybe a conditional 7th. 

Dude is the epitome of over-hyped locker room cancer diva. He made his mystique on a fluky highlight play and, imo, has since too often forsaken basic fundamentals in favor of highlights to build his own brand. 

He's T.O. without the health and consistency. He's started all 16 games a whopping 1 time and had only made 24 of a possible 36 starts for Cleveland. 

He's talented, but he's not ALL WORLD talented enough to not be more than a sucker bet at this point. He's 8 years in now, and he's not on some surefire HoF pace anymore (point being, it's 2021 now, not 2016 or 2018 when he arguably may have been since I can forgive 2017 being lost to injury...it happens). He'll need to literally double his production over the better part of the next decade to even sniff a HoF mention. 

Jarvis Landry and Brandin Cooks are far more reliable and less polarizing. Davante Adams is far better. Mike Evans maybe too. Allen Robinson probably is too, considering who he's had to deal with. So OBJ is already only the 5th or 6th best WR from his class, much less some league-wide top 5. Is he even REALLY a top 10 WR?

I think of I put my mind to it, I could genuinely find enough names I'd rather have that are more productive, reliable, and less of a hassle than OBJ to place him somewhere between 25 and 30 if I ignore the hype given to him. 

So I'd have to be absolutely desperate to put up with him and the headache that comes with, and even then the numbers game says I have a better chance of drafting better and more consistent production. So a prove-it deal for the absolute bare minimum possible is about all I'd give up at this point.

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2

Just now, Charles said:

It would be a desperation move to be sure...but what else are we going to do...fire Urban...lol

I've got to say, this scenario was about the last thing I would have ever guessed we would be dealing with from Urban.  Hopefully, we'll be able to laugh about it in a few years!