What draft pick or player would you trade for Odell Beckham?

brownie man

How much would you trade for Odell?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What is fair value in a trade for Odell?

• First rounder
    • Second rounder
    • Third rounder
    • Forth Rounder
    • Other please name

On 10/6/2021 at 1:03 AM, ronjon1990 said:

I wouldn't want him for anything less than the vet minimum and maybe a conditional 7th. 

Dude is the epitome of over-hyped locker room cancer diva. He made his mystique on a fluky highlight play and, imo, has since too often forsaken basic fundamentals in favor of highlights to build his own brand. 

He's T.O. without the health and consistency. He's started all 16 games a whopping 1 time and had only made 24 of a possible 36 starts for Cleveland. 

He's talented, but he's not ALL WORLD talented enough to not be more than a sucker bet at this point. He's 8 years in now, and he's not on some surefire HoF pace anymore (point being, it's 2021 now, not 2016 or 2018 when he arguably may have been since I can forgive 2017 being lost to injury...it happens). He'll need to literally double his production over the better part of the next decade to even sniff a HoF mention. 

Jarvis Landry and Brandin Cooks are far more reliable and less polarizing. Davante Adams is far better. Mike Evans maybe too. Allen Robinson probably is too, considering who he's had to deal with. So OBJ is already only the 5th or 6th best WR from his class, much less some league-wide top 5. Is he even REALLY a top 10 WR?

I think of I put my mind to it, I could genuinely find enough names I'd rather have that are more productive, reliable, and less of a hassle than OBJ to place him somewhere between 25 and 30 if I ignore the hype given to him. 

So I'd have to be absolutely desperate to put up with him and the headache that comes with, and even then the numbers game says I have a better chance of drafting better and more consistent production. So a prove-it deal for the absolute bare minimum possible is about all I'd give up at this point.

This is a good description and comparison IMO.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

He hasn't brought any diva with him to the Browns.

He already had that diva-like-stigma going into the Browns though. He went into the Browns deal with a diva like stigma and then compounded that with several injuries including an ACL (? I'm too lazy to look it up). Now he's 30 years old with a history of being a diva AND a long history of injuries. That's where he's at right now.

13 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Honestly, I’d love him in KC. Nothing against Baker but I do think with a top QB he can rediscover that great form (as NY raiders just said).

im terrible with trade value, but 2nd round pick OR 3rd (will be late) and a starting secondary player?

I'm sure KC's front office could find some magic trick to sign him too, lol. Doubt they'd want to trade him to KC though and potentially have to play him in the playoffs. 

9 hours ago, Tk3 said:

new question:

Who would you pay more for: Stephon Gilmore or OBJ?

Gilmore easily. He has been a Pro Bowler for 4 consecutive seasons, is two years removed from being DPOY, and two years removed from being an All-Pro. Elite corners are harder to find then 1,000 yard WRs. 

12 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He already had that diva-like-stigma going into the Browns though. He went into the Browns deal with a diva like stigma and then compounded that with several injuries including an ACL (? I'm too lazy to look it up). Now he's 30 years old with a history of being a diva AND a long history of injuries. That's where he's at right now.

Ok. He hasn't been a diva for the Browns tho.

• Like 2

Ya'll clearly don't remember Terrell Owens if you are comparing Odell Beckham to him off the field.  They aren't in the same world when it comes to being a locker-room problem.  

There is a difference between being a "diva" and being what T.O. was, and this is coming from a huge Owens fan.  But Owens was way, way, way worse (off the field).

If this was Owens, he would have long thrown Mayfield under the bus.  Or at least subtly hinted at it.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Ok. He hasn't been a diva for the Browns tho.

Naw. He just bilked you guys for close to $70 mil and has barely played or made any impact. That usually shuts most divas up. 

The bigger issue is that he went from near-consensus top WR in the league to a guy who hardly plays and is so ineffective to the point the Browns want to move him in the first place in a matter of like 2 years. 

He's supposedly in his physical prime. It's not like the Browns have a track record of spectacular play or players to make this par for the course. They're not in a rebuild. He has a diva history. Everything about this screams "Buyer Beware". 

Move on from the Giants? Ok. They suck. He wanted out. They were entering a rebuild. Sensible. The same can't be said for Cleveland. 

15 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Injuries happened. But he's also 28, so the potential to rebound is there. 

Hence, why move on from a supposedly top 5 WR in their physical prime? Seems like the kind of guy you'd prefer to keep around.

Who is calling Beckham a top 5 WR?  

And he's almost certainly not where he was athletically at 23, 24 years old.  And that was clear after the fractured ankle, much less the torn ACL.  

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Who is calling Beckham a top 5 WR?  

And he's almost certainly not where he was athletically at 23, 24 years old.  And that was clear after the fractured ankle, much less the torn ACL.  

A couple of years ago, he was pumped as the top WR in the league. 

And if he's not where he was athletically, that's a problem, given that the male body tends to hit physical prime in the late 20's. 

So you're in agreement that he's not a top tier WR and no longer in a physical prime, rather a diminishing one? That's my point. 

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

A couple of years ago, he was pumped as the top WR in the league. 

And if he's not where he was athletically, that's a problem, given that the male body tends to hit physical prime in the late 20's. 

So you're in agreement that he's not a top tier WR and no longer in a physical prime, rather a diminishing one? That's my point. 

I don't really get your point, other than you were saying things that weren't true.  Nobody calls Beckham a top 5 WR and nobody would think he's still as athletic now as he was 5 years ago.