Week 5 GDT: New England Patriots at Houston Texans

Texansfan713

13 hours ago, Danger said:

OK so... I wasn't paying attention too much to this game in the 2nd half... what the hell happened? How did y'all blow that lead when your 3rd string QB puts up a gem of a performance like that?

Decision making on the sidelines. Timeouts, down-and-distance baffling calls, ST miscues.

It's as if Culley and crew are trying to be so smart, they literally make the incorrect decision, down to a macro level. It's "Bill O'Brien in the playoffs vs KC" bad.

ST had a big part in this one as well - a zero yard punt (the P kicked it into the helmet of his ump man) two consecutive missed XPs, a kickoff out of bounds, a missed FG - just a disaster on ST.

Ka'imi Fairbairn needs to be cut today. I don't care about the cap expense - he's a liability, and everyone associated with this team knows it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Decision making on the sidelines. Timeouts, down-and-distance baffling calls, ST miscues.

Up 22-9, the Texans felt the need to go into a fake punt opportunity - only to choose to actually punt it, then have said punt fly into the back of a Texans up-man (#8, no clue who that was - David Carr or Matt Schaub, maybe?)

Stop. Trying. To. Be. Cute.

Just. Punt. The. Ball.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I hope not. We need to take something else in the top 5 and maybe get a QB in round 2

I know safeties usually dont be taken high in the draft but im aboard the Kyle Hamilton train round 1 now especially if Justin Reid isnt resigned. 

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I know safeties usually dont be taken high in the draft but im aboard the Kyle Hamilton train round 1 now especially if Justin Reid isnt resigned. 

I wouldn't say no to Hamilton. I'd prefer a healthy Thibodeaux or Stingley, but Hamilton is definitely a guy who fits the description. Even if we re-signed Reid, a 3S unit of Reid, Hamilton and Lonnie Johnson Jr would be a significant team strength. Go big nickel, have Hamilton work on playing a moneybacker role - hybrid LB/S like Isaiah Simmons or Jamal Adams, a guy who wreaks havoc on every sort of play. 

It's part of the response to spread offense, a S-type guy who plays in the box with two S on the roof.

https://www.thepointgod.com/nfl/the-moneybacker-is-thriving

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Honestly, I’d go defense with the entire draft. We can get a QB after tanking again next year 

It's also contingent on what we're gonna get once he-who-touches-folk is trades (if he's traded, that is). If you're getting the required picks for him, you can trade down from your FRP, turn that first FRP into a lot of additional assets and perhaps look for a guy who had a bad season and fell down boards (Sam Howell comes to mind).

Truth is, the '23 QB class isn't looking good either - Spencer Rattler will be there competing against the likes of DJ Uiagalelei and Bryce Young (who is REALLY small - like D'Eriq King small). King might be a guy you take a long look at, but his injury history is downright frightening. Same with Michael Penix Jr, an incredibly talented player who simply can't stay healthy. 

The '23 QB class is going to be all about projecting a vast improvement from Uiagalelei/Rattler, or a meteoric rise from guys like CJ Stroud (tOSU) or Grant Gunnell (Memphis). Right now - I'd consider Corral, Ridder and maybe even Carson Strong ahead of the '23 class, by a lot.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Davis Mills might legit be better than anyone in next years draft class 

Eh... I'm starting to like Ridder. I'm also a fan of Corral. Willis, too. I think RIGHT NOW, Mills is better; However, the overall growth and upside of Ridder/Corral/Willis make them better options.

I don't know if anyone should take them at 1.1, but if I got some picks for last years' QB? Maybe a mid to late FRP from Philly, with all the picks they have in the chamber?  I'd take BPA, and I'd take a hard look at these three.

(I'd also consider Sam Howell at 2.1).