Raiders sign OL D.J. Fluker; Released

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Cable has not helped Parker overall.  His body has been slowly adjusting to back peddling from the right side.  He is always pushed back into Carr because he is slow to get into position because the right side is not natural to him.  You can have me throw a football with my left hand for the next 4 years but it is never going to be as good as my right.  Parker in a couple years might be up to speed but that will probably be with another team and he wasted his time here.  Has Cable's coaching helped him? Yes but him keeping him at the right side has hurt more than the coaching has helped.

Sure this is true. But all of the aliti is that we don't need a left tackle(we know who that guy is). We need a right tackle

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't think that always is a 1:1. Duke Mayweather had a great breakdown of Leatherwood. Technique issues are always coachable. Will they coach the mistakes out of him? Could take time. Miller's false step in his pass pro improved a lot over time. We'll see.

We are better off taking a player that naturally plays the right side and coaching them up rather than moving a LT to RT and teaching them from stage 1.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Sure this is true. But all of the aliti is that we don't need a left tackle(we know who that guy is). We need a right tackle

I would have tried him at LG before RT.  The issue being Cable who refuses to go out and get a legit RT and keeps trying to convert LTs.  The next players might work and everyone will say how good Cable is but they are forgetting the 5 previous failures at RT.  Parker may be the best we have but the chart is deceiving.  It may count some reps as wins but when you get pushed back into the pocket it is not a win just because you stayed between the QB and the defender.  You still caused the QB to not have a clean pocket.

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

according to Vic the plan is to keep Leatherwood at RT, that he moved inside more because the IOL was bad. Grain of salt, the also said Thomas was too small inside. 

I do not doubt this one bit.  The coaching staff is so stubborn I am not surprised you would keep a player at a position he was clearly struggling at and let Carr get beat up for another season.  As sad as it is Parker is better than Leatherwood at RT and Parker is probably our 3rd best RT.  Cable will do what is best for him and not the team.  

• Like 1