Saints G Andrus Peat feared to have torn pec

RaidersAreOne

Giving him that big contract continues to look worse and worse as time goes on. The good news is, he is probably our most easily replaceable OL at this point, so I don't expect this to have much of a negative impact if the rest of our OL stays healthy this year.

Peat has never played a full season although he came close in his 2nd year (now in his 7th).
His salary is guaranteed through next season (as of March 19th of this year), so our best case scenario is to play him next season and then trade him, or cut him and take a $9.2mill cap hit (rather than $16,425,000 if we kept him).

Can you imagine, over the last 4 seasons:
Peat averages 12.5 games per season
750 snap counts per season (60 per game)
In that span he's made $27,084,430
$6,771,107 per season - $541,688 per game - $9,028.14 per snap.

Edited by Mid Iowa

59 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Peat has never played a full season although he came close in his 2nd year (now in his 7th).
His salary is guaranteed through next season (as of March 19th of this year), so our best case scenario is to play him next season and then trade him, or cut him and take a $9.2mill cap hit (rather than $16,425,000 if we kept him).

Can I please just play 1 snap.  That's just around 2 months pay

35 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

What number do you want to wear?
Or do you want to play receiver? We could really use a receiver.

I have hands like stone so I'm not a good WR.  But I'm really good at staying in front of people as I get knocked around so maybe a blocking TE/FB or OT?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 6:20 AM, Mid Iowa said:

IIRC we can trade him after this season with a post-June 1st designation, but with his injury history and coming off another bad one it seems unlikely teams would take him even for a late pick considering his remaining contract.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1