Thoughts and Observations: Saints

WindyCity

35 minutes ago, mikee said:

Yeah, he is getting tested with coverages he has never seen, being forced to throw into tight windows with WRs running inconsistent routes, and he has rarely been afforded the time or pocket to step into throws the last two weeks. Saw several back foot throws Sunday, some of which were necessary, a few that were not. The blitzes and pressure in his face was affecting his comfort level and knocking a bit of velo off his throws.

He's going to have to clean up that throwing motion as well... it was always a bit elongated but now I feel as if it has gotten a bit worse.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

A little confused by your numbers (I'm assuming Sims will be the #1 and Shaheen the #2).

Based on those numbers above, wouldn't Shaheen be on the field 43% of the time? (29+9+4+1)

It would be 43%. I put that together right before I went to bed last night, so who knows what I was thinking.

Looking at tendencies again, the only down/distance where the Bears are fairly close to 50/50 since Trubisky has been starting is 3rd and short. In just about every other down/distance, they’re leaning around 66-90% towards either run or pass.

If I can scout this in 5 minutes using the first Google result, so they’re definitely not fooling NFL advance scouts.

On 11/1/2017 at 12:35 AM, IronMike84 said:

Just to get a feel for what the Bears are doing personnel-wise ahead of the addition of Inman and the loss of Miller...

Groupings:

11 - 40%

12 - 29%

21 - 15%

13 - 9%

22 - 4%

23 - 1%

31 - 1%

So if this numbers stay fairly close, either Shaheen and Brown will be on the field 60% of the time, which is a 50% increase for him.

For anybody wondering about the 3rd/4th down numbers, they're in 11 63% of the time. A 2nd tight end is on the field on 3rd/4th downs 21% of the time, and that drops to 17% on 3rd/4th and long.

Quick question what games did these numbers come from? Was it the whole season, just the games Trubisky has started or a different combination?  Because I really think that they had Glennon running a different offense when he was playing and was curious is these numbers supported that or I’m just getting old and don’t remember as good as I used to. 

On 11/1/2017 at 12:42 PM, WindyCity said:

Loggains has been horrendously predictable and it has led to long down and distances and exotic blitzes from defenses.

What I’m wondering is, where is Loggains’ counterpunch? Playcalling is a chess game. If we are getting blitzed most of the time on 3rd and 6+ after we fail twice to run into 9-man fronts early in the series then where are the screens/draws/slants? Maybe some levels concepts giving him an underneath release with RAC potential to a drag route? How about maybe calling some of these things BEFORE 3rd and long too? Help the kid out maybe. 

3 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Quick question what games did these numbers come from? Was it the whole season, just the games Trubisky has started or a different combination?  Because I really think that they had Glennon running a different offense when he was playing and was curious is these numbers supported that or I’m just getting old and don’t remember as good as I used to. 

I used SharpFootballStats.com and I looked at weeks 5-8 only.

Archived