Week 11: 49ers vs jags

LinderFournette

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah gonna be a big agree to disagree there. This offense has little talent outside of JRob. The receivers are straight up not getting any separation and don’t catch the ball unless it’s perfect placement. No idea how you can watch these games and think with a straight face you upgrade at OC and all the sudden things start rolling.

I feel a better wr coach would help developing these wrs but bevell is *** and his offense is arguebly worse then when we fired Olsen. 

43 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

what makes you feel that way about the WR coach?

all i have to do is say look at the regression chark had this year prior to injury and laviska. 

a better wr coach would develop the talented younger wrs. as for the drops im not sure but a way to fix that crap pretty quick would be the  pushups for a dropped ball simiuliar to how some defenders do for dropped INTS.  

a better wr coach would probably develop the wrs into running better routes creating some seperation and could even fix the scramble drill issues we have witht he wrs not getting open on those

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

all i have to do is say look at the regression chark had this year prior to injury and laviska. 

a better wr coach would develop the talented younger wrs. as for the drops im not sure but a way to fix that crap pretty quick would be the  pushups for a dropped ball simiuliar to how some defenders do for dropped INTS.  

a better wr coach would probably develop the wrs into running better routes creating some seperation and could even fix the scramble drill issues we have witht he wrs not getting open on those

Chark had already regressed a bit from 2019 to 2020 and a lot of the same issues with Laviska this season were there in 2020 as well, though he's obviously playing worse. I do think that Shenault is being a bit exposed with both Chark and Keelan Cole out (Cole isn't anything more than a #3/#4 either, but he was another guy who was a deep threat and able to get separation --- even Chris Conley too even though he wasn't very good at consistently doing it or catching the ball). 

Do you know what the WR coach is having the WRs do in practice everyday? It could be the WR Coach's fault where they're not running basic drills or keying in on what to improve, but we really don't know what goes on daily in practices and in meetings. Looking at a position that is playing poorly and blaming the position coach is kind of one of those things fans do just out of frustration. I would have preferred we keep Keenan McCardell too, but I think even with him we wouldn't have seen much more than what we have out of this group. Most of our WRs are veterans too including multiple journeyman WRs. 

5 hours ago, Jags said:

According to this site, the Jacksonville Jaguars do not have a WR in the top 40 in dropped passes. I would like to question the accuracy of this site.

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=

It such a subjective statistic.   Problem is that when you are already a marginal offense, any drop is going to be critical.  Lack of separation has looked like a bigger issue than drops to me tbh.  I think the o-line has been giving up more pressures in recent weeks also.

6 hours ago, Jags said:

According to this site, the Jacksonville Jaguars do not have a WR in the top 40 in dropped passes. I would like to question the accuracy of this site.

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=

This is what they're claiming, fwiw:

Agnew - 2
Austin - 1
Brown - 0
Chark - 1
Jones - 1
Shanault - 1
Treadwell - 1

Maybe as single games, that's accurate. But no way in hell can anyone look at the performances and see Shanault or Chark with just 1 drop.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pwny said:

Agnew - 2
Austin - 1
Brown - 0
Chark - 1
Jones - 1
Shanault - 1
Treadwell - 1

Maybe as single games, that's accurate. But no way in hell can anyone look at the performances and see Shanault or Chark with just 1 drop.

That's funny.  What about Arnold.  His drop against Miami was about as obvious a drop as you'll see.  If they have him at zero then it is a worthless resource.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Agnew - 2
Austin - 1
Brown - 0
Chark - 1
Jones - 1
Shanault - 1
Treadwell - 1

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/receiving_advanced.htm 

This updates on Wednesday for the previous weeks games.  Still only 3 credited drops for Shenault

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/receiving_advanced.htm 

This updates on Wednesday for the previous weeks games.  Still only 3 credited drops for Shenault

The site also claims that Agnew only has one drop.

On 11/22/2021 at 9:39 AM, .Buzz said:

The skill position players outside of JRob and Arnold (who even has had his hiccups) suck.

If you watch the video that @.Buzz posted, it shows you that Agnew had 3 drops in the Colts game alone. One that was a dime over the shoulder on a go route. The other 2 were on slants. One that Agnew had inside leverage and coughed up the ball while going down. The other was in a tight window a little behind, but hit him right in the hands.

Edited by Jags