Justin Reid Suspension...

ET80

2 hours ago, jch1911 said:

This is legit, y'know? If you're going to be late, you're going to be punished, period. I don't care who you are, you're wasting everyone's time by not walking in on time.

So... because I like to pile on:

Justin Reid is the Texans' finalist for the Walter Payton Man of the Year award. (We're no strangers to this award, JJ Watt previous won it).

I think this might be the first time a player is nominated in a year they missed a game due to disciplinary reasons. As if it wasn't obvious, David Culley (and by extension, Jack Easterby and Nick Caserio) are to blame here. Justin Reid wasn't the problem (well, until sometime in the future when we'll have to play him...)

If this is the culture we're looking to build, the culture we're looking to build is wrong. Period.

18 minutes ago, tab said:

do they have to suspend players an entire game for being late? cant you make them run laps instead? its shooting yourself in your own foot to make a point

*Shrug*

I'm of the Tom Coughlin "you're not on time unless you're five minutes early" school of thought. It's how I was raised, time is the only resource you cannot get back.

If you have a valid reason to be late, sure - but don't make it a habit of it, which seems to be the case with Cunningham.

I'm not a fan of all of these suspensions (I'd we're being honest, it's a sign of how much these guys are tuned out to Culley) but this one I have a hard time pushing back against.