Week 14 GDT: Giants vs Chargers @ 4:05pm est

Giants4eva

This is gonna get bad. And i mean possibly the worst we've seen all season. Jake Fromm as of now is the assumed QB under center for us while DJ is nursing a neck injury. I dont think we have any kind of chance of winning this one going in to LA. The best we are gonna have a shot at is seeing how Fromm's play could indicate if hes worth keeping around. This Charger team with Joey Bosa and Derwin James on defense is gonna put a hurtin' on this offense. Add into all that,  Justin Herbert just doesnt miss many passes. This is gonna be a laugher. 

Chargers 41 / Giants 3 

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 1

I'd rather give Fromm the reigns and see what he can do then watch Glennon show us he is very mediocre again. Fromm doesn't seem much more mobile then Glennon however and the way the line played last week...probably doesn't matter who is back there. It'll be a putrid showing from the offense.

2 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I'd rather give Fromm the reigns and see what he can do then watch Glennon show us he is very mediocre again. Fromm doesn't seem much more mobile then Glennon however and the way the line played last week...probably doesn't matter who is back there. It'll be a putrid showing from the offense.

We need to give Fromm a couple weeks of practice. It’s a complete disservice to everyone to play him if Glennon is cleared this week.

My question is why didn’t we promote Brian Lewerke. He’s been on PS all season, he should at least know the offense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Acgott said:

We need to give Fromm a couple weeks of practice. It’s a complete disservice to everyone to play him if Glennon is cleared this week.

My question is why didn’t we promote Brian Lewerke. He’s been on PS all season, he should at least know the offense.

I'd be fine with anyone other then Glennon. Sort of harkens back to when Eli was benched and Geno got the start over Davis Webb. I'd rather give a young player a shot and see if we have a diamond in the rough rather then give a career long backup another chance to show us he's average at best.

Mike Glennon is starting for you guys and I actually like that better than the unknown of Fromm. We're missing a few starters in Samuel and Allen. Allen being the big one because our offense runs thru him but hopefully Palmer shows up and produces. What should we expect from you guys? I know the Giants are also dealing with injuries and covid aswell.

1 hour ago, Chargers said:

Mike Glennon is starting for you guys and I actually like that better than the unknown of Fromm. We're missing a few starters in Samuel and Allen. Allen being the big one because our offense runs thru him but hopefully Palmer shows up and produces. What should we expect from you guys? I know the Giants are also dealing with injuries and covid aswell.

What u can expect is a win for your team. We are just not a good football team right now. Worst oline in football by far. We are going to make Joey Bosa look like Reggie White on sunday. Defense does not generate pressure at all up front to get after qbs. The secondary is good overall and has held us in games but we're not anywhere near your level right now. 

1 hour ago, Chargers said:

You guys are most likely getting Mike Williams back and can run your passing attack through him. Earlier in the season he was looking like the #1 wideout on your team not Keenan. 

Expect the Giants to put up a fight, even though they are missing their #2 CB and #3 CB in Jackson and Holmes, they still have a good secondary. The Giants use their secondary to limit big plays against them. I expect to see a lot passes thrown to Eckler to counter this. Glennon is still a better QB than Fromm in that Glennon has an idea of what he is doing. Fromm said learning the Giants offense is like taking a final after skipping the classes. He simply does not know the play book yet. For the Giants on offense, we are without our first round draft pick Toney for this game and the other top wideouts Golladay and Sterling are listed as questionable. The other wideouts Slayton and Ross are fast but don't have the best hands. If the Giants top 3 wideout are out Evan Engram the Giants tight end is probably the Giants biggest threat when it comes to catching the ball, though he is very likely to tip one or two in the air to give the Chargers a good chance at an interception. The Giants will try and run the offense through Barkely with Booker getting a decent amount of snaps.   

I see the Giants keeping the score respectable in the first half. In the second half Justin figures out the Giants zone scheme and simply beats the Giants with his arm talent and legs.

Does your team have any glaring weaknesses on defense that the Giants can exploit?

• Like 1

Not much to add in from this latest loss. We are just not a good team right now. I was close initially on the 41-3 score. When it was 37-7 i was like oh woo.. im closer than i thought LOL.. Think they felt guilty for us and allowed us to post up 2 more TDs but eh whatever. Only good news ive read so far is that Gettleman is going to be "forced" to retire after this season is over. 

I am most disappointed in the coaching. Judge waits till we are down 24-7 then starts calling trick plays? The game is all ready over. Call the trick plays when we are down 7 or 10 to get us back into the game and to take momentum back. 24-7 it is too late we are losing even if those trick plays would have worked.

Edited by Go_Giants