2021 Game Awards (Announcements & Winners)

Kiltman

I’ll fill this in with new info and links as we go

- Hellblade II Gameplay 

- Star Wars Eclipse (Quantic Dream) Set in the high republic era.

- Wonder Woman (Monolith)

- Alan Wake II (2023, Survival Horror)

- Horizon Forbidden West gameplay highlights 

- FFVII remake coming next week to PC on the Epic store

- New look at Somerville

- Nightingale reveal trailer, Aaryn Flynn’s new studio. Formerly at BioWare 

- Suicide Squad Gameplay (2022)

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Monolith making a Wonder Woman game sounds dope. Was wondering what they were up to, been awhile since Shadow of War.

Their combat with her superhuman skills/speed is a great fit.

Yeah, I was pretty uninterested in the announcement until I realized who was behind it. Makes it a much more intriguing idea, for me.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Yeah, I was pretty uninterested in the announcement until I realized who was behind it. Makes it a much more intriguing idea, for me.

Such a good fit

I can imagine The Lasso of Truth will be a pretty integral part. Both with traversal and combat, but also with interrogation if they carry that over.

Add that to sword/shield and other weapons and it should be a lot of fun. 

A lot of room to do their own thing with her. Have to think some of the gods/goddesses might come into play.

12 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Monolith making a Wonder Woman game sounds dope. Was wondering what they were up to, been awhile since Shadow of War.

Their combat with her superhuman skills/speed is a great fit.

I guess I am disappointed because Wonder Woman never interests me as a character. Something with Black Widow might have been better but maybe they had to do a WB property. We will see where this goes. But like you mentioned, the SoW people behind it at least will make me look into it. 

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I guess I am disappointed because Wonder Woman never interests me as a character. Something with Black Widow might have been better but maybe they had to do a WB property. We will see where this goes. But like you mentioned, the SoW people behind it at least will make me look into it. 

I think she’s one of the many characters who have potential to be cooler but just never really get their do. That first movie was solid but man the sequel was a snooze.

—————————————-

Some quotes 

“The game will be a third person, open-world action-adventure title that features an original story set in the DC Universe. According to Monolith Productions, players will be able to "forge deep connections with both enemies and allies" while they go from just a heroic fighter to a true leader.“

“The trailer ends by saying: "You can be a leader," which makes us curious how Monolith will challenge us with that task, especially since the brief description spoke about uniting old enemies and forging new bonds. Monolith is the studio that brought us the famous nemesis system, after all, so we wouldn't be surprised if it had some clever ideas for Woman Woman.”

“The trailer's Youtube description shed a little more light, saying Wonder Woman is an open-world action-adventure game where she'll have to unite two worlds.  It's also confirmed to be a single-player game, with an original story set in the DC Universe. The description also said the game is powered by the nemesis system, so at the very least, we can count on that to enhance the experience.“

So they are adapting the nemesis system into leading people I guess? 

19 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The nemesis system was VERY cool, and I wish we saw it more in other games. 

For real, it was such a fun thing with those games.

One of my hopes if WB sold was more studios would be able to use that tech instead of it being locked away behind a patent.

27 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Nightengale is literally just Steampunk Rust with a narrative tacked on huh?

It seems like a better done Anthem style game with Rust yeah. 

Moreso I guess what Anthem should’ve been. Single player game where you can play with people if you want.