2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Actually you might be right looks like I read it wrong says on the 14th at 4 pm it just says the 12th with no time.

"Legal tampering period" starts at 12:00am ET/9:00pm PT. New league year starts March 14 at 4:00pm ET, 1:00pm PT when you can sign new free agents that weren't cut or released. 

47 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Soon to be. Passed the tests a few years ago and got my experience. Application has been sent so will be licensed hopefully in a month or two. 

Nice, congratulations. 

Not at all what I pictured lol

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

If we do end up with Robinson and Lewis, I am about to be a big fan of trading up for Nelson if it doesn't involve picks from the first three rounds next year (a 4th and beyond, cool). I mean, we're not getting an impressive edge rusher anywhere anyway. Get the best offensive lineman in the draft to go with an improved red zone offense, improved run game, improved defensive backfield. He'd have to fall far enough where it would be possible, but if he makes it to 5 or 6, and a team is willing to trade down, I would do it immediately. 

Would be very surprised if we get Robinson, but think we may be in play for Lewis. I think the Jets at 6 are likely trading partners as I don't see them getting Cousins. They may be able to trade down and still land their QB of choice. 

2 minutes ago, the-catch said:

Would be very surprised if we get Robinson, but think we may be in play for Lewis. I think the Jets at 6 are likely trading partners as I don't see them getting Cousins. They may be able to trade down and still land their QB of choice. 

I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED. We need a big-body WR target. Robinson is athletic and quick. He fits the Shanahan system and can do much more than just this below. We should and most likely will make a big push.

giphy.gif 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I love Wynn, but he's a trade down guy for me as well.

I feel like right now, if nelson isn't there, Landry / Edmunds / smith have to be the favorites. 

Minkah and / or james could easily be there, and I'd be curious if we'd go that route

It's a lot easier to trade up then it is to trade down if we're targeting certain players... If we stay I wouldn't complain if we go Edmunds/Smith, and though Minkah being one of my favorite players, I don't know where he'd fit.

1 minute ago, MasherSF said:

I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED. We need a big-body WR target. Robinson is athletic and quick. He fits the Shanahan system and can do much more than just this below. We should and most likely will make a big push.

giphy.gif 

Not saying he's not talented or wouldn't help, after the Goodwin extension I see it as even less likely. 

Just now, the-catch said:

Not saying he's not talented or wouldn't help, after the Goodwin extension I see it as even less likely. 

Goodwin's extension and Allen Robinson don't go hand-in-hand. They play different roles. Goodwin extends the field. Robinson is a chain mover and a go-to guy in the redzone. They can complement each other. Go look at Atlanta they have Julio and Sanu two guys that are 6"3 and 6"2 that complement each other. You need guys that can play roles. With Robinson, Garçon, Goodwin and Taylor they can all do different things and make the offense way more dynamic. 

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I hope its Pugh. I think protecting Jimmy should be next on the To-Do List. I'd love Robinson also but I think addressing the O-Line should be our first order of business...

Agree. i was really hoping it would be Norwell, but doesn't seem to be happening. Pugh has versatility but injury history does scare me.

1 minute ago, the-catch said:

I don’t see either of our top two guys contracts blocking a deal with Robinson. As I brought up previously, Garcon is almost assuredly not going to see the end of his contract and will probably be released/forced to restructure after the 2019 season. Goodwin will be making under 7 per season. Everything I’ve seen about A-Rob at least has us listed as interested, most reporting us as a top destination; I would be more surprised if we didn’t make a move for him. It’s possible we get outbid, but I think we’ll at least try and get him on board.

16 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I don’t see either of our top two guys contracts blocking a deal with Robinson. As I brought up previously, Garcon is almost assuredly not going to see the end of his contract and will probably be released/forced to restructure after the 2019 season. Goodwin will be making under 7 per season. Everything I’ve seen about A-Rob at least has us listed as interested, most reporting us as a top destination; I would be more surprised if we didn’t make a move for him. It’s possible we get outbid, but I think we’ll at least try and get him on board.

Who actually has said the Niners are his top destination though? JLC mentioned it, anyone else? 

Archived