Riverboat John

Apparition

14 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yep, but that's the problem with these rollout plays designed for a specific throw and player, rather than letting the QB read the field.

Bingo. You hope an experienced QB would see Hollywood but that's a really tough ask to expect someone with Huntley's experience to be patient and wait for another read. 

50 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yep, but that's the problem with these rollout plays designed for a specific throw and player, rather than letting the QB read the field.

What is easier, reading the entire field, or going through a 1-2 progression with half the field? Idk, the more I think about it, the more I think that it should be easier for an inexperienced QB to have the first read be Andrews, and if he's covered go to Hollywood, and if he's covered try to run it.

Huntley just never moved beyond Andrews despite the guy being basically double covered.

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

It was 3 guaranteed pts, regardless.  What if GB punted 1st drive again? They start the game 10-0 instead.

These HC are getting carried away by analytics and their "gut" pissing away wins by leaving points on the board. Things the vast majority of HC not even a decade ago wouldn't of done.

Most NFL games come down to a 1 score type game.  Points matter, even FG's.

Thats what i mean though, variables change exponentially on any given outcome. you could literally play a what if game deep into the infinite multiverse.

That aggressiveness has gotten them some wins they shouldnt have with such a depleted roster. Chargers/Ravens both got wins against the Chiefs with aggressive playcalling. Were you nitpicking those wins?