Merry Christmas - Buffalo/New England 2 GDT (The season is on the line)

BillsGuy82

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

ou think WR position will be weak? If you think about it, if you let Beasley go and re-sign mckenzie you have slot locked in as he proved it this past weekend. Then you got Davis as your #2 which he proved last week he is more then capable of doing it. Diggs is still great and do not see him falling off anytime soon. So depth may be a position of need but even with Hodgins and Stevenson still growing I am not sure if WR is a top 3 offensive need right now. Mid-late rd pick on wr for competition but I would be pissed if a 1st or 2nd were used to bring in one. 

I don’t think it’ll be weak but I also don’t ever want it to become a weakness.

No guarantees McKenzie re-signs and as good as Davis has played, we’ve never seen him do it for 17 games as the true number 2 guy. I wouldn’t ever be mad for adding more talent to the group regardless of round. The depth moving into next year is a question mark, I’m hoping we add a guy like DJ Chark or even Cedrick Wilson to bolster the 4th-5th WR spot. 

In an absolute dream scenario we’d sign Michael Gallup. But his price tag will likely be too high. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

No guarantees McKenzie re-signs and as good as Davis has played, we’ve never seen him do it for 17 games as the true number 2 guy. I wouldn’t ever be mad for adding more talent to the group regardless of round. The depth moving into next year is a question mark, I’m hoping we add a guy like DJ Chark or even Cedrick Wilson to bolster the 4th-5th WR spot. 

In an absolute dream scenario we’d sign Michael Gallup. But his price tag will likely be too high. 

Signing Gallup would be so awesome. 

How is the offensive line class looking? Free agency and draft 

17 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Pretty dang strong draft class right now. Couple guys who have that C/G flexibility. My top choice is Kenyon Green who could start day 1 at OG and move to C after Morse is done. Just like Eric Wood did. 

Free agent class is mostly full of older guys all 30 and above or close to it. Biggest names are Terron Armstead and Brandon Scherff 

15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yes I never want it to be a weakness but I also dont want to add one at the cost of not getting a player at a different position that is just as important and needed now then later. Im all for adding a guy like Chark but I dont see him wanting to settle for the 4th or 5th spot as he is a solid #2 and with Jags having so much money and having so many needs I can see him resigning there. Gallup would definitely cost us a lot as he will be seeking that 13-15 mil range if not more. I think a comparable contract is similar to what Golladay got with the giants last year 4 years 72 mil. Best case scenario is a contract like Samuel or Corey davis in which they are 3 year deals that are in the 13 mil range. I think they will land Mckenzie if they dont then they could restructure Beasley's deal and extend him another year as he is still able to hold down that position and may lower his 7.6 mil cap hit or they can go in to free agency and land someone a bit cheaper then beasley like Crowder who can play the position really well and is 4 years younger then Beasley. Ill take a couple of swings on guys in day 3 at the position or bring in a vet on a 1 year deal like they did with Sanders, like Aj Green, Ty Hilton, or Djax. That way they can be in sub packages while Davis steps in as the #2 wr most of the time. We will see as this offseason is important to continue to build on what they have as they clearly arent a consistent team right now.

16 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

OL class is decent in both

Ideally I want us to sign one of Terron Armstead or Brandon Scherff.

Our WR group would still be solid with Diggs, Davis, Sanders and McKenzie. I'd like Gallup but we have much more pressing needs 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yes I never want it to be a weakness but I also dont want to add one at the cost of not getting a player at a different position that is just as important and needed now then later. Im all for adding a guy like Chark but I dont see him wanting to settle for the 4th or 5th spot as he is a solid #2 and with Jags having so much money and having so many needs I can see him resigning there. Gallup would definitely cost us a lot as he will be seeking that 13-15 mil range if not more. I think a comparable contract is similar to what Golladay got with the giants last year 4 years 72 mil. Best case scenario is a contract like Samuel or Corey davis in which they are 3 year deals that are in the 13 mil range. I think they will land Mckenzie if they dont then they could restructure Beasley's deal and extend him another year as he is still able to hold down that position and may lower his 7.6 mil cap hit or they can go in to free agency and land someone a bit cheaper then beasley like Crowder who can play the position really well and is 4 years younger then Beasley. Ill take a couple of swings on guys in day 3 at the position or bring in a vet on a 1 year deal like they did with Sanders, like Aj Green, Ty Hilton, or Djax. That way they can be in sub packages while Davis steps in as the #2 wr most of the time. We will see as this offseason is important to continue to build on what they have as they clearly arent a consistent team right now.

Crowder would be interesting. Hasn’t he had some injury concerns lately? My preference would be drafting a young slot guy to be to Josh what Welker/Edelman were for Brady. I don’t think that needs to be round 1 or anything but if the BPA by a wide margin is a WR I’d pull the trigger. 

19 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

OL class is decent in both

Ideally I want us to sign one of Terron Armstead or Brandon Scherff.

Our WR group would still be solid with Diggs, Davis, Sanders and McKenzie. I'd like Gallup but we have much more pressing needs 

Only concern is McKenzie and Sanders are both free agents. I also think Sanders has hinted at retirement. 

Getting Scherff in between Brown and Morse could do wonders for the line.

Have Feliciano and a draft pick battle for the LG spot. 

8 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Only concern is McKenzie and Sanders are both free agents. I also think Sanders has hinted at retirement. 

Releasing Beasley is definitely contingent on keeping McKenzie. 

If Sanders retires might make sense keeping Beasley.

15 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Releasing Beasley is definitely contingent on keeping McKenzie. 

If Sanders retires might make sense keeping Beasley.

Yeah I personally hope they find a way to reduce his salary and keep his veteran presence in the room. Whether it’s to help McKenzie or a rookie slot WR continue to develop. 

15 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Regardless Gabriel Davis has played his way into the WR2 spot 

Definitely agree there. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of competition or contingency they bring in though. 

As of right now, excluding free agents to be, if Diggs or Davis got hurt, our next WR up on the outside is Kumerow or Stevenson 

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah I personally hope they find a way to reduce his salary and keep his veteran presence in the room. Whether it’s to help McKenzie or a rookie slot WR continue to develop. 

If they maintain Beasley I do not see the bills able to keep Mckenzie. They were able to get him on a low 1 year deal but with his ability in the slot some team is going to offer him more. The point of Mckenzie was the return game which he has struggled with that position and the ceiling on stevenson is much higher I do not see how keeping both guys for slot position is necessary. Mckenzie would be re-signing to replace beasley at this point. With Sanders clearly retiring it would be wise for them to bring in a veteran presence on a 1-2 year deal on the cheap to go in on certain packages or rotate when Davis is tired. As you said Kumerow would be the next man up which isnt a good thing also he is a free agent too. Bring a Vet and draft a WR in day 3 to add depth. Give hodgins, and stevenson some reps on offense to compete with the rookie and vet. Diggs, Davis and either beasley or mckenzie, with the new vet as your 4th wr, along with rookie, hodgins and stevenson rounding up the 5/6/7 wr spots. Keep in mind knox is a free agent in 2023 and Davis in 2024 so your core will be these 3 if your looking long term cap hits.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:57 AM, Trentwannabe said:

If you go get schreff then is it better to cut feliciano or williams? I see feliciano more as a Rg then he is a center or LG he is versatile in that sense but Williams is a nice spot to fill in at Rg and RT as well. With the ability of playing both LT and LG as he did in Carolina. Wasnt great at it but he had to fill in when necessary. So do you cut feliciano which will save you 3.75 mil or williams which will save you 5.3 mil. I just dont see them keeping both williams and feliciano to play back up for that cost especially if Schreff is going to get top tier guard money. Norwell would be my top choice as much as I hate the carolina connection it would be an upgrade to the LG position and that should benefit Dawkins, while they draft a guard high to compete. I dont expect his cost to be as high as the younger guys. Another option would be going all in and pay connor williams or Austin Corbett, if they dont get the franchise tag. Connor williams would be a massive upgrade but the cost would also be massive as he will likely land what Thuney and bitonio got around the 16 mil range