BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I have a serious question. Do you have a single rams player on your defense?

Jordan Fuller, who didn't play.

But we do have a Kansas City defensive player, who held Murray to 5.7 YPA in Week 1, and we definitely have a better defense than the Raiders team that held Murray to 5.7 YPA last week.

It's almost like it's not about the defenses he's played.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This feels like a random Timmy Kirkjian stat in baseball. Jose Ramirez leads all switch hitting infielders with an OBP in the Month of August when he gets at least 4 plate appearances.

You are saying words but they mean nothing to me because baseball is for someone’s Grandpa and virgins who live in their uncle’s basement 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Jordan Fuller, who didn't play.

But we do have a Kansas City defensive player, who held Murray to 5.7 YPA in Week 1, and we definitely have a better defense than the Raiders team that held Murray to 5.7 YPA last week.

It's almost like it's not about the defenses he's played.

Except that maybe it is a little bit.  I mean you're best corner isn't even in this game because hes still injured. Your 2nd best corner is a 4 drop from that number one corner. There may be elements of your team that are better than IRL teams, But I also think it's fair to say that there are elements of your defense that are worse.

Also if Jordan Fuller hes on your roster but didn't play, Then it seems to me that tweet is completely irrelevant to your game day thread.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Except that maybe it is a little bit.  I mean you're best corner isn't even in this game because hes still injured. Your 2nd best corner is a 4 drop from that number one corner. There may be elements of your team that are better than IRL teams, But I also think it's fair to say that there are elements of your defense that are worse.

Also if Jordan Fuller hes on your roster but didn't play, Then it seems to me that tweet is completely irrelevant to your game day thread.

You think it's irrelevant that Kyler Murray has played terribly this year no matter what defense he's faced?

One of our starting corners literally played against Murray in Week 1, lol

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

You think it's irrelevant that Kyler Murray has played terribly this year no matter what defense he's faced?

One of our starting corners literally played against Murray in Week 1, lol

Not specifically but I also think that you can look at the offensive line in front of Kyler Murray and  question whether or not that has had anything to do with it and acknowledge that Raleigh's offensive line is much much better than arizonas. See here's the thing, the logic you are trying to apply to your own team can be applied to his as well.  In the same way it could be suggested that Raleigh's defense that Raleigh's defense is better than the defense that Kansas City Chiefs lost to yesterday.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Not specifically but I also think that you can look at the offensive line in front of Kyler Murray and  question whether or not that has had anything to do with it and acknowledge that Raleigh's offensive line is much much better than arizonas. See here's the thing, the logic you are trying to apply to your own team can be applied to his as well.  In the same way it could be suggested that Raleigh's defense that Raleigh's defense is better than the defense that Kansas City Chiefs lost to yesterday.

oh so we're going with the argument that it doesn't matter how guys actually play, cool

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Not specifically but I also think that you can look at the offensive line in front of Kyler Murray and  question whether or not that has had anything to do with it and acknowledge that Raleigh's offensive line is much much better than arizonas.

Is Arizona's offensive line that bad? 

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

oh so we're going with the argument that it doesn't matter how guys actually play, cool

That is not what I said. This is the argument I constantly have, And I'm starting to wonder if some people are just not intelligent enough to comprehend it.

It is really easy to look at the statistics of how a player performed. What is more complicated and takes a little more thought is how that player might perform on the roster that we actually have in BDL.

I save this all the time, The actual makeup of a roster in BDL should matter, I think it's completely possible that a player would perform better or worse in the situation in which they exist in BDL.  I think that is more true with offensive skill positions.  I think defensively players probably are what they are and if you put a bunch of crappy players together it doesn't make you have a better defense. If a player sucks then putting him on a roster with Some guys that don't suck on offense doesn't necessarily make him better.

But if a guy is good, If he has the skill to succeed, But his IRL team is atrocious, But NBDL it's actually really good, Maybe you could argue that that good player would be better in this league 

Edited by wwhickok

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

That is not what I said. This is the argument I constantly have, And I'm starting to wonder if some people are just not intelligent enough to comprehend it.

It is really easy to look at the statistics of how a player performed. What is more complicated and takes a little more thought is how that player might perform on the roster that we actually have in BDL.

No, we get that. But Kyler Murray hasn't played well this season and the stats are just reflecting that.

As far as Kyler Murray is concerned I am not saying he would or would not perform better or worth on Raleigh's offense. I'm saying that the tweet you provided is completely irrelevant because not only do you not have any of those players on the ram's defense active on your roster is roster in this game,  But both teams are completely different than either of those 2 teams that tweet is talking about.

So I'm saying people people who actually get to vote on this game should ignore the intended hype and the disaster and to decide for themselves whether or not those things make a difference.