BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think that you need to stop with the veiled passive aggressive references about how people are cheating or not voting for the right reasons or want to see one owner over another in.

We all have subjective views on players and strategies which I believe determines the vast, vast majority of votes.

This type of comment does nothing except undermine the league and the fun we are trying to have.

I appreciate your concern and your opinions.  However,  When someone cheats that undermines the league,  Not someone making a comment on it,  That's a bridge we crossed earlier this season.

All I did hear was suggested I think Some teams won this week that probably shouldn't have.  It's nothing more than what  LAOJoe did. 

If you are taking it as me trying to undermine the league I think you're reading far too much into it.  There is no reason that what I said needs to be some sort of drama filled conversation.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I appreciate your concern and your opinions.  However,  When someone cheats that undermines the league,  Not someone making a comment on it,  That's a bridge we crossed earlier this season.

All I did hear was suggested I think Some teams won this week that probably shouldn't have.  It's nothing more than what  LAOJoe did. 

If you are taking it as me trying to undermine the league I think you're reading far too much into it.  There is no reason that what I said needs to be some sort of drama filled conversation.

I feel like implying there's a conspiracy to get certain teams into the playoffs over others is already creating drama. 

I also think we overstate voting patterns in this league. If I'm lower on a team than the consensus, I am more regularly going to vote against them than most people, thereby creating a pattern in that owners mind that I'm voting against them unfairly when in reality, I just maybe don't like their team as much as others.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I feel like implying there's a conspiracy to get certain teams into the playoffs over others is already creating drama. 

I also think we overstate voting patterns in this league. If I'm lower on a team than the consensus, I am more regularly going to vote against them than most people, thereby creating a pattern in that owners mind that I'm voting against them unfairly when in reality, I just maybe don't like their team as much as others.

I think that's fair.  Stirring up drama was not my intent, but i should have known better so I apologize.

Edited by wwhickok

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

When you insinuate that people are cheating and intentionally voting to keep certain people out of the playoffs, which you clearly did, that undermines the league.

If me taking your words at face value is reading too much into them, then the issue is with your words.

14 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

When you insinuate that people are cheating and intentionally voting to keep certain people out of the playoffs, which you clearly did, that undermines the league.

If me taking your words at face value is reading too much into them, then the issue is with your words.

That isn't what I was attempting to incinuate so I apologize

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Teams Locked into the playoffs

Camden
Anchorage
Rome
Flint
Death Valley
Cancun

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Teams atill in the Hunt (Listed from the most likely to unlikely to make it in)

Ivory Coast
Cuba
Greenland
Lancaster
Singapore

tree.gif

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Teams Eliminated

Berlin
Gotham
Hungary
Seoul
Raleigh

giphy.gif

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Teams Locked into the playoffs

Camden
Anchorage
Rome
Flint
Death Valley
Cancun

Teams atill in the Hunt (Listed from the most likely to unlikely to make it in)

Ivory Coast
Cuba
Greenland
Lancaster
Singapore

Teams Eliminated

Berlin
Gotham
Hungary
Seoul
Raleigh

For clairification, Cuba has the easiest path in, however of those 'in the hunt' Ivory Coast is the only team currently sitting inside of the playoffs.

Cancun & Death Valley have 6.5 wins, no one currently sitting behind Cuba can eliminate them. While Technically theyre not locked, a singular win changes that, Cancun is locked with that in my because Raleigh remains on their schedule.

Ivory Coast needs 1 win to lock their position into the playoffs. IF Cancun, IC, and DVN win next week, the playoff field is set outside of the 8th seed.