BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Imagine if I actually had to be an owner and navigate cap, schedules, and like 5 spreadsheets. No thanks, hard pass. Plus an offensive gameplanā€¦eeek.

One of the best feelings is when you make a move you feel helps your team and not compromises the other, then someone comes out of no where and says you decisively lost the trade.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

One of the best feelings is when you make a move you feel helps your team and not compromises the other, then someone comes out of no where and says you decisively lost the trade.

If itā€™s anything like being confronted in the parking lot by a parent postgame after winning by 2 touchdowns then Iā€™m sure itā€™s gloriousĀ 

Edited by MWil23

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

BDL does stand for 'A Bunch of Football Nerds acting like Statler and Waldorf League'

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If itā€™s anything like being confronted in the parking lot by a parent postgame after winning by 2 touchdowns then Iā€™m sure itā€™s gloriousĀ 

Thatā€™s a good way to put things in perspective.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

BDL does stand for 'A Bunch of Football Nerds acting like Statler and Waldorf League'

Iā€™ve met some talking heads on TV who share countless years of experience and in person perspective that has certainly exposed me to more knowledge then I could learn here.

But of course, itā€™s well known their knowledge pales in comparison to this forums respective football IQ.

Just now, MD4L said:

Thatā€™s a good way to put things in perspective.

I learned after that year to automatically go inside and wait 30 minutes minimum before exiting the building. Not even for a safety thing, it was only a verbal exchange and conversation. And people wonder why there are coaching shortages for applicants today, or asked me why I stopped coaching or turned down promotions.Ā 

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

Iā€™ve met some talking heads on TV who share countless years of experience and in person perspective that has certainly exposed me to more knowledge then I could learn here.

But of course, itā€™s well known their knowledge pales in comparison to this forums respective football IQ.

Season 6 Aww Shucks GIF by Friends

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I learned after that year to automatically go inside and wait 30 minutes minimum before exiting the building. Not even for a safety thing, it was only a verbal exchange and conversation. And people wonder why there are coaching shortages for applicants today, or asked me why I stopped coaching or turned down promotions.Ā 

Iā€™ve always been interested in coaching but all levels have their restrictions. Having to deal with parents who have these objections with a glaring lack of knowledge about coaching nor care to understand how to deal with an entire construction of a team in comparisons to their son/daughter is quite the issue. I have a tremendous respect for those who make the choice to follow up and accept the jobs.

• Like 1