BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

7 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I think that because Lancaster and Cuba both won regardless of what happened in your game the dream would have snuffed this week? @LAOJoe you’re the standings guy is this right? Because Cuba and Lancaster play each other and the winner gets the 8 spot even if they tie they would have 6.5 wins now. 

Yes. With Lancaster and Cuba winning the best Singapore could finish, even if they won out, was 9th. IC losing again would mean nothing as IC owns the 3-team tiebreakers for the 8 seed over Singapore and either Cuba/Lancaster. Also, a Cuba vs Lancaster draw(I'm in soccer mode right now) would have gotten them both in.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

That is correct. Singapore had to get to 6 wins minimum and needed one of Cuba and Lancaster to also only get to 6 and the other to lose out or both lose this week and tie week 12. In reality the Singapore Death Valley game meant very little, In fact because Lancaster' and Cuba both won, it meant nothing.

Because as soon as they won, it locked Singapore out,  Cancun and DVN both had 6.5 wins going into this week

Close. Your games mattered too but the difference here is IC would have had the tiebreaker. IC actually wishes you won because you winning out was their backdoor in to the playoffs if the lose and Lancaster beats Cuba.

Ivory Coast is eliminated if Rome beats them and Lancaster beats Cuba AND Greenland loses to Seoul.

The Lancaster vs Cuba winner is in regardless, while the loser is in if the above happens.

IC owns all 3-way tiebreakers involving Cuba/Lancaster and Greenland. Greenland would finish last of the 3.

Rome has clinched the division but not their seed yet. It will likely be a 3 or 4 seed. It could be a 2 seed with a win or 4 seed with a loss.

Death Valley has essentially won their division. Cancun and Flint technically still have a chance.

• Like 1

There is still a way for me to fall to the 7 seed. But I'm not gonna sweat it. Me, Raleigh, Cuba and Rome all losing would do that. at 7-5 IC owns the 3-way tiebreak between IC, Flint and Lancaster on division record. Cuba winning instead would give me the tiebreaker on H2H.

10 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

There is still a way for me to fall to the 7 seed. But I'm not gonna sweat it. Me, Raleigh, Cuba and Rome all losing would do that. at 7-5 IC owns the 3-way tiebreak between IC, Flint and Lancaster on division record. Cuba winning instead would give me the tiebreaker on H2H.

So complicated 

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

So complicated 

The process is but as it's just 1 possible set of results involving those 4 teams it won't be hard to figure out. It's a 1 in 4 chance assuming me and Raleigh lose and all other odds are even. 1 in 8 if I have a change of heart... Sorry Pete but I can't give you even odds lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Where are the official standings?

I just focused on playoff scenarios this week and put the waivers in alone.

Reverse for current draft order.

1. Camden 10-1
2. Anchorage 9-2
3. Rome 8-3
4. Death Valley 7-3-1
5. Cancun 7-3-1
6. Flint 7-4
7. Ivory Coast 6-5
8. Cuba 6-5
9. Lancaster 6-5
10. Greenland 5-6
11. Singapore 4-7