BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Irish can essentially determine the playoff field with a win tonight. Georgia and Michigan almost guaranteed in, TCU in with a win over Kansas State (whom they already beat) next week, Ohio State in if USC loses this week or next.

Bama still alive at 10-2, horror of horrors.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Irish can essentially determine the playoff field with a win tonight. Georgia and Michigan almost guaranteed in, TCU in with a win over Kansas State (whom they already beat) next week, Ohio State in if USC loses this week or next.

I feel like OSU losing to an undefeated team and then not getting in because of USC sucks. Between 1 loss teams, the OSU loss came against a much better opponent.

Now USC didn't lose to a bad opponent or anything, they just fortunately lost earlier.

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I feel like OSU losing to an undefeated team and then not getting in because of USC sucks. Between 1 loss teams, the OSU loss came against a much better opponent.

Now USC didn't lose to a bad opponent or anything, they just fortunately lost earlier.

USC will get an extra game to earn their way in. I'm fully in support of putting a 1-loss conference champ in over a 1-loss team that doesn't even play for their conference title in nearly every case.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue said:

USC will get an extra game to earn their way in. I'm fully in support of putting a 1-loss conference champ in over a 1-loss team that doesn't even play for their conference title in nearly every case.

You're also a ND guy so what do conferences even mean to you folk?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

💯 always have been and will be. 

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

Bama is dead IMO. TCU will have one loss, so will OSU, UGA and Michigan already locked in. A 2 loss Bama who didn’t win their division is out.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

LSU too if they can beat tamu and Georgia 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

💯 always have been and will be. 

Bama is dead IMO. TCU will have one loss, so will OSU, UGA and Michigan already locked in. A 2 loss Bama who didn’t win their division is out.

TCU likely in no matter what, you're right, but committee could look at their conference and decide to boot them. If Michigan loses to whatever garbage won the West division of the Big 10, that makes Ohio State's blowout loss to them look really bad. I could see the case.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

TCU likely in no matter what, you're right, but committee could look at their conference and decide to boot them. If Michigan loses to whatever garbage won the West division of the Big 10, that makes Ohio State's blowout loss to them look really bad. I could see the case.

Eh, I don’t see it. No chance IMO. Especially when Alabama doesn’t even have a quality win on their schedule.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Eh, I don’t see it. No chance IMO. Especially when Alabama doesn’t even have a quality win on their schedule.

It's Alabama. They are the only team in the country that always gets the benefit of their reputation over their actual performance on the field.