BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

21 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I actually think it is a bit belittling. Suggesting that because you've watched some. Games or angles, your opinion that he is a top 10 overall player in the NFL is kind of a "I'm right your wrong" statement.

It's completely irrelevant to the conversation we were having.

So let me say it like this, you said he is top 10 Overall, every position considered. 

Who do you consider to be better than him? Who are the (at most) 9 players overall you'd say at better than he is.

But I am clearly wrong in my opinion? There’s a double standard here

Anyway, I’m not at my house obsessing about who the top ten players are.

Off the top of my head some combo of

Mahomes/Rodgers/Allen/Donald/Warner/Adams/Kelce/Garrett/Watt/Ramsey

28 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

actually think it is a bit belittling. Suggesting that because you've watched some. Games or angles, your opinion that he is a top 10 overall player in the NFL is kind of a "I'm right your wrong" statement.

Or I have additional perspective behind my opinion. You’re not wrong by any means, heck perhaps your opinion of people would change if saw the same plays from different angles. 

37 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

They? Be a man for once. We have names. Come to me. Quote me. Man up frogs.

I literally have had the same access to what I mentioned now all season. I never used it once as rational for anything.

Attacking my character once more. About an off-season discussion (not argument) is some pretty lowly stuff.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MD4L said:

But I am clearly wrong in my opinion? There’s a double standard here

Anyway, I’m not at my house obsessing about who the top ten players are.

Off the top of my head some combo of

Mahomes/Rodgers/Allen/Donald/Warner/Adams/Kelce/Garrett/Watt/Ramsey

I did not ever say you were wrong, I said I disagreed with you. 

With that said there's a lot of guys you didn't list that I think are better than Warner. 

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

An elite off LB never gets the contract an elite edge rusher gets, or QB, and even WR.

So positional value based, it’s not ever going to happen that Warner will make that type of money. Nobody really builds their defense around the off ball LBs in this age of football.

But I’ve seen Warner do things on tape that get no recognition because there’s no grade for it. But every time I’ve watched him I come away with quite an appreciation for what he’s capable of doing. So again he’s the best off ball LB in the game, and one of the ten best players regardless of positional value.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

He was better in coverage in 2020. But you do you boo.

I'm looking forward to that 3 up and over trade you clearly have plans for.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I disagree with you completely. 

He is a very good player, but one of the 10 best ILBs in the NFL, no we are not talking about Ray Lewis here.

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

In today’s NFL? We kind of are. He’s that good in my books.

Where is the belittling @Scoundrel?

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I did not ever say you were wrong, I said I disagreed with you. 

With that said there's a lot of guys you didn't list that I think are better than Warner. 

You’re entitled to your opinion I respect. We’ve been in an optional league for 3 years, so clearly I respect your opinion in some capacity. 

There are going to be lots of very talented (and foundational if we’re going beyond positional value) players that will be excluded off a top ten list. 

If I said Warner was 11 instead of 10, it’s still very high praise, still debatable, and subject to scrutiny. 

Nobody here would exactly agree on all ten players. We’ve all got opinions behind an answer. 

But the responses to my opinion have been eye opening here.

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Where is the belittling @Scoundrel?

Said you belittled his opinion not him. And it’s the quote you didn’t add to this string. I have camera angles that you guys don’t belittled his opinion or maybe I should say was an attempt to invalidate it or further justify you being right over him. Belittled may  have been the wrong word and maybe I took what you were implying incorrectly. However ww could know what he is talking about with less angles just as well as someone with more angles. I am not going to continue to get involved in others discussions on here. This is the last I’ll post on this topic. You can PM me if you wish to continue this further.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

You’re entitled to your opinion I respect. We’ve been in an optional league for 3 years, so clearly I respect your opinion in some capacity. 

There are going to be lots of very talented (and foundational if we’re going beyond positional value) players that will be excluded off a top ten list. 

If I said Warner was 11 instead of 10, it’s still very high praise, still debatable, and subject to scrutiny. 

Nobody here would exactly agree on all ten players. We’ve all got opinions behind an answer. 

But the responses to my opinion have been eye opening here.

I think its arguable that he is somewhere within the top 25 players in the league. Top 5 at his position without a doubt.