BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I mean anybody actually good would be better then Urban. I don’t know if we’ll get ceiling Lawrence (Super Bowl contender level) but if he takes a major stride Jacksonville could be in meaningful games come late December or Early January.

The #1 thing they gotta do is fix the issues with that offensive line. Then they gotta add to those WR threats. Because they leave a lot to be desired atm.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

The #1 thing they gotta do is fix the issues with that offensive line. Then they gotta add to those WR threats. Because they leave a lot to be desired atm.

The DE’s are elite in this class but if it isn’t one of the dynamic OTs at 1 overall they’ve failed their franchise QB.

On paper their OL shouldn’t be bad. It hasn’t been for draft capital reasons and Brandon Linder + Andrew Norwell are amongst highest paid players at the position.

They were a solid team on paper in preseason if Lawrence lived up to the hype and Etienne + Chark are there for 17 games apiece instead of 4 total they actually played.

Just now, MD4L said:

It won’t be a cap space problem. They need a WR. We’ll see what happens.

We’ll do all we can to keep him in Cuba.

Oh for sure I just think Chark might wanna see a better situation. But with Pederson, he might stay. If they can keep Chark, add to the OL, add another quality WR, because Jawaan Taylor, Ben Bartch, Marvin Jones, and Tavon Austin ain't cutting it.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

The DE’s are elite in this class but if it isn’t one of the dynamic OTs at 1 overall they’ve failed their franchise QB.

On paper their OL shouldn’t be bad. It hasn’t been for draft capital reasons and Brandon Linder + Andrew Norwell are amongst highest paid players at the position.

They were a solid team on paper in preseason if Lawrence lived up to the hype and Etienne + Chark are there for 17 games apiece instead of 4 total they actually played.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Cam Robinson either. Norwell & Linder, to me, are the only dudes that should be starting right now if not for the lack of better options at LT, RG, and RT.

And their TE position is pitiful 

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Oh for sure I just think Chark might wanna see a better situation. But with Pederson, he might stay. If they can keep Chark, add to the OL, add another quality WR, because Jawaan Taylor, Ben Bartch, Marvin Jones, and Tavon Austin ain't cutting it.

Unfair shot at Marvin. He played well. He isn’t meant to be a number 1 and that’s what he had to be. He was a big part in Trevor’s growth and development (however limited it was considering the circumstances)

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Personally I'm not a big fan of Cam Robinson either. Norwell & Linder, to me, are the only dudes that should be starting right now if not for the lack of better options at LT, RG, and RT.

And their TE position is pitiful 

I think the coaching hindered a lot of what those guys were capable of doing, but obviously when you can upgrade you do what has to be done.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Unfair shot at Marvin. He played well. He isn’t meant to be a number 1 and that’s what he had to be. He was a big part in Trevor’s growth and development (however limited it was considering the circumstances)

He did play well. I think as a #2 he can excel.

Laviska Shenault hasnt helped them imo. All those yards and not a single TD this season. 

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I think the coaching hindered a lot of what those guys were capable of doing, but obviously when you can upgrade you do what has to be done.

I'd agree with that. Urban Meyer was a horrible hire from day one. His best days were over in Ohio State. He was done as a coach before he was hired in Jax.

• Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

He did play well. I think as a #2 he can excel.

Laviska Shenault hasnt helped them imo. All those yards and not a single TD this season. 

#3. Veteran Presence. Can bail you out in key situations while still producing as a 3rd option in the passing game. 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I have a good friend who is a Jags fan and I just feel so sorry for him on an annual basis.

K’Lavon and CJ Henderson drafted by them in 2020...

Trevor drafted by them in 2021

Need to be really careful with this #2 pick I have and cross my fingers