BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think the Rams are the real life inspiration for WW going for the 'ship here. Discard draft picks and stockpile a "dream team", and I'm here for it.

But he traded Stafford... Rams won with Stafford... he skipped that chapter in the how to manual.

Just now, Scoundrel said:

But he traded Stafford... Rams won with Stafford... he skipped that chapter in the how to manual.

He's not quite doing the Rams "thumbing their nose at the salary cap" route here...acquiring Lamar gives him more flexibility than having to pay Stafford I'd imagine.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He's not quite doing the Rams "thumbing their nose at the salary cap" route here...acquiring Lamar gives him more flexibility than having to pay Stafford I'd imagine.

Stafford is less than $2,000 cheaper and both with only 1 year left. The only difference is that with Lamar, if he signs an extension, wwhickok can now extend him without having to use a potential 3 up next season. So there is the flexibility for future seasons but not so much for this one.

Although I'll also say that in terms of ability to win you a BizzBowl, both Stafford and Lamar rate pretty similarly I think. At this point I think neither can drag you to it but both can win it for you. Lamar has more upside though if he can get back to his MVP level of play to be a guy who can drag a slightly less talented team to the promised land.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Stafford is less than $2,000 cheaper and both with only 1 year left. The only difference is that with Lamar, if he signs an extension, wwhickok can now extend him without having to use a potential 3 up next season. So there is the flexibility for future seasons but not so much for this one.

I AM TALKING ABOUT GOING FORWARD RACK. READ MY MIND PLEASE. :) 

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Although I'll also say that in terms of ability to win you a BizzBowl, both Stafford and Lamar rate pretty similarly I think. At this point I think neither can drag you to it but both can win it for you. Lamar has more upside though if he can get back to his MVP level of play to be a guy who can drag a slightly less talented team to the promised land.

I mean, I can't just put 8 in the box with a Cover 0 and blitz Stafford all day the way that I can with Lamar.

*Smirks, pulls pin, walks away*

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I AM TALKING ABOUT GOING FORWARD RACK. READ MY MIND PLEASE. :) 

I mean, I can't just put 8 in the box with a Cover 0 and blitz Stafford all day the way that I can with Lamar.

*Smirks, pulls pin, walks away*

*throws grenade because otherwise pulling the pin and not doing so is bad*

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Damn we really bullied wwhickok into giving up two 3rd round picks lol

Lol no, that's not how it went down. I'd asked Rags about Murphy earlier and his price was actually higher then. 

Awuzie I'd been thinking about inquiring about for a while. Giving up the 3rds, given how I feel about my last couple draft classes, made sense for me right now. 

It also gives Me top 5 BDL secondary 

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Let’s see what Rags says about him next season...

I really like Byron as a player.  He is fiesty, instinctive, and great in run support and blitzing.  He is a bit limited athletically so isn't great on the outside and can struggle with faster players.

But a 3rd and 7th next year for a guy I probably wouldn't have re-signed next year was a deal I thought best in Berlin's interest.

• Like 1