BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I appreciate this but Dwayne Haskins, N’Keal Harry, K’Lavon Chaisson say otherwise. 

Ja’Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, Kyle Pitts, Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow, Patrick Surtain, Jonathan Taylor, Micah Parsons say otherwise. Think you drafted Kupp and Kittle too.

We all have misses after all.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Ja’Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, Kyle Pitts, Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow, Patrick Surtain, Jonathan Taylor, Micah Parsons say otherwise. Think you drafted Kupp and Kittle too.

We all have misses after all.

Yeah but it’s also easier when you pick higher hence my strategy this year of trying to copy last year and move up so high. But this class isn’t as good as last year up top in my opinion so it will be hard to compare the two. Yeah my first draft @Blue left me with a really  well built team (yes I ended up dismantling it because it was fun for me to build it my way) so I was able to just go BPA (which should always be done but I had no self pressure coming in for my first draft to hit home runs) so yes McCaffrey at 11 (can’t stay healthy), Jarrad Davis at 33 (not good), traded my future 2nd for 35 I think it was to draft Budda Baker, Kupp at 5.2, Roderick Johnson in the sixth I think it was? (Awful). Kittle 7.1 I think. But yes we all have hits and misses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Considering Bates would likely become the highest paid safety in the league, and will make plentiful more then what he just received, Cincy giving him the tag is an easy decision.

He doesn’t want to play on it though and he’s a leader of the team won’t be good for that locker room.

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

He doesn’t want to play on it though and he’s a leader of the team won’t be good for that locker room.

Cincy paid Reader, Bell, and Hendrickson. We’ll see what happens with Bates. Great deal for the team and at least for the upcoming FA period they can perhaps acquire two talented OL before the draft.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

Cincy paid Reader, Bell, and Hendrickson. We’ll see what happens with Bates. Great deal for the team and at least for the upcoming FA period they can perhaps acquire two talented OL before the draft.

They want to work out a deal still and I have faith they get it done. But just having the tag on him and not getting him a long term deal won’t go over well for more Bengals than just Bates.

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Yeah but it’s also easier when you pick higher hence my strategy this year of trying to copy last year and move up so high. But this class isn’t as good as last year up top in my opinion so it will be hard to compare the two. Yeah my first draft @Blue left me with a really  well built team (yes I ended up dismantling it because it was fun for me to build it my way) so I was able to just go BPA (which should always be done but I had no self pressure coming in for my first draft to hit home runs) so yes McCaffrey at 11 (can’t stay healthy), Jarrad Davis at 33 (not good), traded my future 2nd for 35 I think it was to draft Budda Baker, Kupp at 5.2, Roderick Johnson in the sixth I think it was? (Awful). Kittle 7.1 I think. But yes we all have hits and misses.

I like to think we’ve all grown and matured with our evaluation, and in the last two years you’ve knocked it out the park (unless accounting for preseason games). Even Ruggs took a positive step forward until his tragic incident. 

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I like to think we’ve all grown and matured with our evaluation, and in the last two years you’ve knocked it out the park (unless accounting for preseason games). Even Ruggs took a positive step forward until his tragic incident. 

I'm not particularly confident with my last couple draft classes. Really, any of them since I've been here. Hence the reason this year I traded a vast majority of my picks. 

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

They want to work out a deal still and I have faith they get it done. But just having the tag on him and not getting him a long term deal won’t go over well for more Bengals than just Bates.

I get it, but Super Bowl teams usually have quality players that are undervalued or not paid what they should be (see: LA Rams). It’s the price of success.

Also, with Burrow up for 5th year tender and a new deal, guys like Reader and Bell will probably be shown the door and/or not extended. We’ll see what happens.

Which goes back to main point: 12 million a year for Bates is quite a reasonable compromise for Cincinnati.

• Like 2

Just now, wwhickok said:

I'm not particularly confident with my last couple draft classes. Really, any of them since I've been here. Hence the reason this year I traded a vast majority of my picks. 

I’d like to think you’ve built your team well with that decision making too. Hence @Scoundrel has indeed done excellent work with his drafting.

• Like 1