BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

32 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Chris Rock got what he deserved 

I don’t think either comes out of this looking good. I wish Rock would have composed himself and rebounded with “Sorry I guess jokes are the only thing not open in this relationship”.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

I don’t think either comes out of this looking good. I wish Rock would have composed himself and rebounded with “Sorry I guess jokes are the only thing not open in this relationship”.

I agree I think what happened actually genuinely effects Will Smith's career. But I also think with Chris Rock knowing knowing Will Smith personally maybe he didn't know about Jada and the issues there but if he did he should have known better. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like I'm better than Will Smith Will Smith did laugh about it and then I think he realized his wife was genuinely hurt and he reacted.

I personally wouldn't have laughed about it I would have punched the dude in his mouth there would be no slap

Just now, wwhickok said:

I agree I think what happened actually genuinely effects Will Smith's career. But I also think with Chris Rock knowing knowing Will Smith personally maybe he didn't know about Jada and the issues there but if he did he should have known better. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like I'm better than Will Smith Will Smith did laugh about it and then I think he realized his wife was genuinely hurt and he reacted.

I personally wouldn't have laughed about it I would have punched the dude in his mouth there would be no slap

If have respected Will more if he didn’t laugh first and calmly punched him. An open handed slap after laughing and then cursing like a maniac while sitting down is weird IMO.

• Like 2

Regardless of who you support more, one thing we can all agree that any average Joe would have been kicked out the venue and charges pressed for battery on national television.

That, and the fact that Will Smith reacted the way he did ensured this becomes the lasting legacy and not his win for best actor, as I didn't even know the award show was going on, but this incident blew up everywhere, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who googled more details about what's been going on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Regardless of who you support more, one thing we can all agree that any average Joe would have been kicked out the venue and charges pressed for battery on national television.

That, and the fact that Will Smith reacted the way he did ensured this becomes the lasting legacy and not his win for best actor, as I didn't even know the award show was going on, but this incident blew up everywhere, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who googled more details about what's been going on.

I've googled it several times. My wife saw a Tik Tok about it its the only reason I New the Academy Awards happened.

I think, like I said, this really has a detrimental affect on his acting opportunities and it would not shock me to see him stripped of his award. 

• Like 1