BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Derwin? And then I like Mathieu, Winfield, Bates (close enough but this is preference), Harrison Smith, Justin Simmons. I think Holland surpasses him this year as well.

Winfield and James healthy, sure, but both have been banged up. Tyrann Mathieu and Harrison Smith aren't the same players they used to be, albeit still good. Marcus Williams does everything Bates does but better (and I say this as someone who really likes Bates even back to when he was coming into the league). Simmons is a good shout, I'll give you that. Thought about Poyer but Williams is a better tackler by the numbers.

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Well since you're not listing fullbacks anywhere, I don't see why you wouldn't count them with the running backs

....because he's not counting them at all.

I don't understand why he should factor into RB rankings. Dude has 50 carries in 9 years. doesn't seem to be a market for factoring in specialized run blockers here or else it's just him and Large Marge from Baltimore. Stevenson is different, but give the FB stuff up.

• Like 1

Just now, Jlash said:

I don't understand why he should factor into RB rankings. Dude has 50 carries in 9 years. doesn't seem to be a market for factoring in specialized run blockers here or else it's just him and Large Marge from Baltimore. Stevenson is different, but give the FB stuff up.

Pretty much. I really have never counted FBs when doing these rankings.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Winfield and James healthy, sure, but both have been banged up. Tyrann Mathieu and Harrison Smith aren't the same players they used to be, albeit still good. Marcus Williams does everything Bates does but better (and I say this as someone who really likes Bates even back to when he was coming into the league). Simmons is a good shout, I'll give you that. Thought about Poyer but Williams is a better tackler by the numbers.

Disagree. Playoff Bates was a whole other animal. Playoff Williams ducks and misses tackles and loses games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Because unlike most FBs, Juszczyk actually touches the ball. They use him as a third down back. He had more catches than any other RB on his IRL team, unless you're counting Deebo.

The mark of a small mind thinking that a running back has to carry the ball just because it's in the position's name, smh my head

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Because unlike most FBs, Juszczyk actually touches the ball. They use him as a third down back. He had more catches than any other RB on his IRL team, unless you're counting Deebo.

The mark of a small mind thinking that a running back has to carry the ball just because it's in the position's name, smh my head

The point is these are positional rankings.

RB is a separate position from FB regardless of how they're used. I have never ranked FBs. Kyle doesn't factor in. 

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Disagree. Playoff Bates was a whole other animal. Playoff Williams ducks and misses tackles and loses games.

Williams is credited with 23 missed tackles total in his four pro seasons. Bates has 50.

And before you try to make excuses, Bates has a much worse %age of missed tackles, too.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The point is these are positional rankings.

RB is a separate position from FB regardless of how they're used. I have never ranked FBs. Kyle doesn't factor in. 

Eh, my point is more that I don't see why. Either rank them separately or put them together, no reason to pretend they don't exist.

Just now, Blue said:

Williams is credited with 23 missed tackles total in his four pro seasons. Bates has 50.

And before you try to make excuses, Bates has a much worse %age of missed tackles, too.

I’ll take the guy that shows up on the big stages over the guy that doesn’t 10/10 times 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blue said:

I am a Marcus Williams fan too. And a special Von Bell shout out in the meanwhile.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I’ll take the guy that shows up on the big stages over the guy that doesn’t 10/10 times 

Maybe your dude should be doing a better job of getting his team to those big stages like Marcus Williams has in making the playoffs four times.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Even if I put them together I wouldn't have ranked your RBs any higher so it's a pointless argument. 

It's fine, just want to make sure my dudes get their mentions.