BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Maybe your dude should be doing a better job of getting his team to those big stages like Marcus Williams has in making the playoffs four times.

It's fine, just want to make sure my dudes get their mentions.

Lol Drew Brees and Sean Payton who

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Lol Drew Brees and Sean Payton who

last time I checked neither of them was coaching or playing for the defense that finished top-7 in both points and yards allowed each of the past two years

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

last time I checked neither of them was coaching or playing for the defense that finished top-7 in both points and yards allowed each of the past two years

You said four years right? So which is it? You want to give him credit for the four years and then minimize it to the last two? Lol

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

You said four years right? So which is? You want to give him credit for the four years and then minimize it to the last two? Lol

Oh yeah, real ashamed of finishing in the top-14 of both categories the two years before, which is still better than Cincinnati's defense has placed in any category since Jessie Bates was drafted.

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Maybe your dude should be doing a better job of getting his team to those big stages like Marcus Williams has in making the playoffs four times.

It's fine, just want to make sure my dudes get their mentions.

Did you miss the Bengals playing in the SB?

I put them #2. Which is a really good ranking.

The rest of your team was ranked right where they should be.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Ill take the safety playing in an AFC Championship caliber defense over a non-playoff to one-and-done team all day.  Let's make no mistake about it, even in the failures when Drew Brees was around it was rhe defense losing games.

22.7 PPG scored vs. 22.8 PPG allowed in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Did you miss the Bengals playing in the SB?

I put them #2. Which is a really good ranking.

The rest of your team was ranked right where they should be.

Their defense was average all season. If we're judging teams and players based on their postseason play and flat-out ignoring the 17 regular season games that preceded it, you must think Joe Flacco is the greatest QB to ever live.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Their defense was average all season. If we're judging teams and players based on their postseason play and flat-out ignoring the 17 regular season games that preceded it, you must think Joe Flacco is the greatest QB to ever live.

You're entitled to your opinion. I would NEVER think you the type of person that would believe their team wsnt better than everyone else's at every position even if it clearly isn't. 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Oh yeah, real ashamed of finishing in the top-14 of both categories the two years before, which is still better than Cincinnati's defense has placed in any category since Jessie Bates was drafted.

Ah yes! NFL defense the greatest one man sport element on the planet. I see why you have Mwil run the show now. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

You're entitled to your opinion. I would NEVER think you the type of person that would believe their team wsnt better than everyone else's at every position even if it clearly isn't. 

Literally the only positions I had an issue with were OT, where you listed a 13-4 team's starting left tackle as a "JAG," and safety, where I made my case that not only are my starting safeties at least on par with the team you put at No. 1, but I have better depth there too. Calm the **** down and stop taking personal shots.