GDT: Los Angeles Rams vs. What's Left of the Baltimore Ravens

AFlaccoSeagulls

15 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Huntley had another 14 play 52 yard drive that ended with 46 FG, yesterday. Nothing will top that 6 minute drive for 1 yard he had against the Bears, but he has proved to be elite at taking and executing neutral snaps. I guess if you want to get through a game quickly he's the #1 pick. This is what Huntley "looking more comfortable than Lamar" in the offense really means. Looked comfortable decisively taking those 3 yard checkdowns when we had 50 seconds to get into FG range too.

Unhinge GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Really, really don't like this answer given Sammy Watkins did absolutely nothing for us.

Yea, this has been weird. I know Tylan Wallace was out there because he finally succeeded this week in his season-long quest to stop a rolling ball from going in the end zone on special teams. Also, Miles Boykin has been taking up a 53 man roster spot all season (when not on IR) at the expense of IDK snatching a warm body CB from someone's practice squad or maybe trying to find a RB who can hit 3 yards a carry? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Yea, this has been weird. I know Tylan Wallace was out there because he finally succeeded this week in his season-long quest to stop a rolling ball from going in the end zone on special teams. Also, Miles Boykin has been taking up a 53 man roster spot all season (when not on IR) at the expense of IDK snatching a warm body CB from someone's practice squad or maybe trying to find a RB who can hit 3 yards a carry? 

Boykin wasn't active, was he?

Either way, at least Wallace "contributes" on ST's. Watkins literally does nothing and apparently that's more valuable than Proche?

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Don’t forget an injured Boykin making the initial 53 and forcing us to lose guys like Nigel Warrior, Ben Mason, and Shaun Wade

On a team that struggled with...coverage and blocking 

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Don’t forget an injured Boykin making the initial 53 and forcing us to lose guys like Nigel Warrior, Ben Mason, and Shaun Wade

Don't forget Anthony Levine, who could barely get on the field despite our entire secondary going missing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Don't forget Anthony Levine, who could barely get on the field despite our entire secondary going missing. 

Levine has been strictly STs for a couple years now. I think the coaches feel his days of contributing in any other phase are gone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Levine has been strictly STs for a couple years now. I think the coaches feel his days of contributing in any other phase are gone. 

Yes he played a bit of S in 2019, but almost nothing the past 2 years. In 2020 Levine and Clark were healthy all year so he wasn't needed. This year we could have used another functional DB. 

I just think at a certain point Harbaugh needs to keep more developmental players and coach them up to play ST rather than keep old ST vets who literally can't play a position anymore. 

14 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Okay let's slow down here...Nigel Warrior had 1 tackle this entire season and literally doesn't even have a PFR page because he didn't play for the Seahawks, who picked him up when we dropped him.

Ben Mason doesn't appear to have played in a single game this season for any team.

Shaun Wade has played in 2 games for the Patriots and also just has 1 tackle.

It's not like these players would've helped us.

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Okay let's slow down here...Nigel Warrior had 1 tackle this entire season and literally doesn't even have a PFR page because he didn't play for the Seahawks, who picked him up when we dropped him.

Ben Mason doesn't appear to have played in a single game this season for any team.

Idk. Based on everything I saw in TC and preseason...I would've much rather had Nigel Warrior or Shaun Wade out there in our secondary over Robert Jackson and whoever tf else was out there against GB and CIN than Miles Boykin just sitting on the bench.

Warrior and Wade have only played limited snaps because the teams they were on didn't lose their top 8 DBs like we did lol.

They would have contributed much more on this team given the circumstances than Miles' 3 or 4 games of being a punt gunner

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Warrior was on IR for most the season but was activated the past month or so.